Chapter 24

Jisoo's POV.

I was sitting on the couch reading a book... okay, I was just pretending to be reading, to be honest I was listening to Jennie and Rosé talking in the kitchen.

"Please, tell me what happened last night, please!" Rosé made her cutest facial expression but it didn't work.

"No, I can't, I have to talk to Lisa first." Jennie wasn't swayed. Rosé squinted her eyes and playfully bumped her with her elbow.

"Come on, admit it, you two had sex, didn't you?"

"What? No, we didn't! Could you drop it already?" Jennie got up from the kitchen table. "Better tell me how your date with Tzuyu went yesterday."

I threw the book away and listened even more intently. Finally Lisa asked the question that I wanted to ask all day, but I didn't dare to. I couldn't show Rosé that I cared about her stupid date, could I?

"It was much better than the first one, I felt like we really connected this time..."

"Did you kiss her?" Jennie interrupted her, anxious to know the spicy details.

"A little bit, yeah." the blonde answered shyly.

Ouch, that hurt a little. Fuck it. I grabbed my phone and texted Taehyung. I hope he's free tonight, I need to get away from here.

"Wow!" Jennie was amazed. "I guess I should say congratulations, she's like the hottest girl on the campus."

"She's not that hot." I said and immediately regretted it. Why, just why did I have to open my mouth!?

"What? Why would you even say that?" Rosé glanced at me sharply, she visibly wasn't pleased.

"I mean she has this exotic look and that's why people are drooling over her..." I tried to explain but it sounded all fake and awkward.

"Damn it Chu, can't you be supportive to me for once?" she asked with a disappointment in her voice. Ouch, this hurt even more. And I didn't even have a good answer.

My phone buzzed and I read the message. Thank god, he agreed.

"I have a date tonight too, you know?" I said getting up from the couch and trying to sound excited.

"Really? With who? Let me guess, Taehyung?" Jennie got interested while Rosé seemed rather surprised.

"Yup."

"Oh my god, good for you! Damn, Rosé and Tzuyu and you with Taehyung... Seriously, you guys blow my mind, you both go out with the hottest people on campus, like what the hell?"

"A few days ago you told me that you don't like him that way." Rosé said in a serious tone, looking at me. A slight reproach could be sensed in her voice and the air immediately filled with tension.

"Things change Chae." we stared at each other in a challenging way. I decided to go even further. "If I come back with him here tonight, I'd appreciate if you both stay in your bedrooms and don't walk up on us fooling around on the couch."

"Whoa, Chu, you really want to do that on the first date?" Jennie asked.

"It's a possibility. Now forgive me ladies, I need to shave my legs." I noticed how Rosé's face went pale and she turned her eyes away from me. Winning the staring contest with her didn't make me feel good at all.

On the contrary, I felt completely and utterly awful.