Chapter 21

Rosé's POV.

I didn't even know why I began to make pancakes, I guess I needed to occupy my mind with something. I'd do anything to stop my brain from wondering about that short weird moment that I shared with Jisoo yesterday. I mean, come on, what the hell was that? And why didn't I turn away when she looked at me? I just kept staring at her like a stupid idiot, so embarrassing...

Pancakes, think about making pancakes. Right.

"Whoa, I knew I smelled something delicious." Jisoo greeted me with a smile. "May I?"

"Sure, eat as many as you wish." I replied, noticing that there are already at least twelve pancakes ready on the plate. Damn, I don't even remember making them.

"Why did you suddenly decide to prepare breakfast for everyone?" she asked.

"I... just felt like it." I lied. I just hope she won't mention the awkward moment that I keep thinking about. Please, please, I don't want to talk about it... Fortunately, she asked about something else and I sighed with relief.

"So are you excited about your date with Tzuyu today?"

"Sure." Damn, I just realized that I lied again. I wasn't excited at all, in fact I wasn't even thinking about it.

"Are you okay?" she squinted her eyes, as if trying to decipher what was passing through my mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Third answer and third lie. Probably a personal record. Shit, what's happening with me?

"So when do you think our two lovebirds will get up?" Jisoo asked and I felt relieved about the change of topic.

"Probably not anytime soon. Having sex all night can be pretty tiring."

"You think they banged?"

"You don't?"

"I'm not sure, Lisa can be really weird about this stuff..."

"Do you wanna bet?" I asked and she glanced at me with excitement in her eyes.

"Sure, you're on! Whoever loses has to buy the winner something nice."

"Okay, let's do it! You'll so going to lose, I think I already know what you'll have to buy me..."

My enthusiasm was interrupted by Jennie coming out of her room. She looked tired and disheveled, she didn't even greet us and went straight to the bathroom. I realized immediately that she didn't sleep much last night, but having hot sex clearly wasn't the reason for it. If they had done it, she'd be all smiles in the morning.

"Haha, I won! You owe me one nice thing Chae!" Jisoo realized the same thing.

Damn it.

"Fineee, what do you want?"

"I'll think of something later." she smirked and reached for a second pancake. But her good mood was just temporary, I watched her as she was eating and her face was gradually becoming more and more clouded. She looked as if she was unsure about something.

"What is it?" I asked and she pursed her lips, still visibly confused.

"Chae, I know it's not any of my business, but... I don't think you should go on that date..."

"What, why the hell not?" I was suddenly irritated. Was I angry because she was wrong or because she was... right?

"Because... I just think that it isn't a good sign that you didn't call each other all week after your first date... it's like neither of you really cares..." She looked down sadly.

"What do you know? Maybe we were both busy? Maybe we want to take things slow, huh?" I didn't even know why I was this compelled to find excuses. "Besides, why am I even explaining myself to you, it's not any of your damn business!" I threw the kitchen glove on the table and hurried to my room, not knowing why I suddenly felt the urge to cry.