02| Something Else

Start from the beginning

"Who knew Bangtan hired pretty girls?" another voice snarls, and a flurry of their laughter poisons the air in distaste.

But their laughter subsides immediately once you hear gunshots booming in your ears. The sound causes your body to wince before you feel a tender hand on your shoulder.

"Hey again Y/N," an enchanting, familiar voice says. "You alright?"

With your brain swimming in temporary dizziness, it hadn't occurred to you that your body had been flung into the arms of a man. Stunned that he knows your name, you twirl around quickly.

Then, you find yourself gazing directly into the deep chestnut brown eyes of the honey-brown-haired cashier. You wack your brain for his name. Jim, Jimmy? Jimin?

His brown-hued eyes are gazing into yours with concern, but there's a notion swaying in the back of your mind, telling you that it's a wicked trick in this game of life.

And if he knows your name, then he's definitely something else.

"I'm fine, thanks," you say, untangling yourself from his arm draped around you. Disappointment twinkles in his eyes briefly before he blinks it away.

"I'll get going now, see you around," you say, your tone dismissive. There are a series of gasping, yelping, and feet scrabbling behind you, and you realize they're probably Jimin's friends taking down the men that almost killed you.

You dart Jimin a faint smile before turning to leave. "Hey!" he calls, grabbing your wrist, his touch sending a mere shiver to run through your arm. "Let me walk you home, it's not safe for a lady to walk alone at this hour."

His voice miraculously eases all the turmoil in your chest, almost like a tension-free verbal medicine. But you remind yourself to not give in.

"Thanks, but I'll take it from here." You send him a reassuring smile.

He doesn't let go. "I'll walk you," he offers, more like insists.

Jimin—you believe, gives your hand a slight tug before steering you down the opposite way. You gnaw on your inner lip in hesitation.

"Um, I need to get somewhere else. This isn't the way." When you try to jerk your hand out of his iron grip, he only holds on tighter that it suddenly hurts.

For God's sake. Is there anyone you can trust?

A faint smile of reassurance smears over his lips but it doesn't seem as appealing to you anymore. In fact, it's creeping you out.

"Sorry cutie. You'll have to forgive me for this." Before your brain can comprehend his words, you feel his hand muffle your mouth right when you hear an exhaust of a black SUV pulling by a curb.

With a striking impact, you elbow him hard in the chest. "Damn it!" his sweet voice curses once you slip away from his arms, panting heavily while not daring to glance back once you push your body into a sprint.

"Jungkook!" You hear the man cry out, "I lost the girl!"

Then a growl comes.

It's not loud, but it somehow echoes in your ears threateningly, that it works like a booster in your getaway. But the name suddenly rings something in you, and your heart plummets when the realization hits you like a bus.

Your brain goes into overdrive, taking you back to your father's list of criminal records. Somewhere between those stacks of parchments in his office, you think you've seen his name printed on a black and white overlaid rap sheet.

And if his name's on there, then he's definitely bad news.

A shiver runs through your body and you tug the file deeper in the hem of your jeans. Your heart staggers in your chest once you hear a steady rhythm of shoes beating against the ground, the sound faint yet very close by. You push past your body's warning, ignoring the aches shooting through your ankles.

Jungkook, you realize—the man in your father's list of criminal records—is chasing after you, but to make things a tad optimistic, you convince yourself it's rather a monster-sized bunny hopping after you for stealing his carrots. Oh god, Y/N, looks like you've finally gone mad. Get a grip!

"Stop!" he growls, making you run faster while glancing back at your shoulder to watch the black-clad guy from the bakery barely a foot away. Panic gnaws your chest.

"I won't hurt you!" the man cries, but his words fade entirely into thin air.

Yeah, right.

With a desperate lunge, you leaped over a curb and kept on running, your shoes thrashing against the hard sidewalk. The sound of his timberlands is dangerously loud, causing you to add another burst of speed into your getaway.

You're fast but apparently, Jungkook's faster.

His hand lurches out to grab your shoulder, making you stumble to the side from the weight of his heavy arm drawing you to lose your balance. His arm then sneaks around your waist, slamming your body towards his toned chest.

You bring your fists against his chest but your attempt to push him away pushes you backward instead. Arrg!

Every little detail of your defense techniques is thrown onto the man before you, yet none of it seems to affect him.

Immediately, his hand strikes to clasp your wrist with an iron grip. "Will you stop!" he roars, the sudden volume of his voice making you wince. "You have something of mine. My fi—" You cut him off by driving your leg upwards to knee him in the crotch.

"Ah, shit!" he curses, a low grunt leaving his lips once you slip away from his arm. You glance over your shoulder to watch his jet black eyes bearing into yours with so much venom that makes you shudder.

With a sharp exhale, you lurch over a curb before freezing to your feet when you take in the sight in front of you.

It's dead end.

You have got to be kidding.

You've been so aching to get away from the stranger chasing behind you that you couldn't concern your sense of direction. Because in front of you, stood a series of railings above a goddamn ocean.

You peer down at the dark blue sea, the whispers of the waves crumpling in your ears almost in mockery. Great. You're absolutely screwed.

When you look back, you find Jungkook staring right through your soul with a cunning smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh Red, you don't know what I'm going to do to you now."

~~~~~

A/N: Unedited. I wrote this all in one go so you'll expect quite sum bad bad grammar loll. By the way, tysm for 14 votes! It's not a lot to u guys but to me it is( yeah, i'm that pathetic). But ty anyway!