Chapter Two

We are seated in the Limo driving to the venue. It is held at the Paradise Hotel owned by Jameson Inc.

"Tell me again why I am needed at that party when you are the friend and I don't know whoever this friend of yours is" I said.

Benjamin looked at me and just shrugged.

I hope it isn't one of his attempts to introduce me to potential suitors.

"You are my assistant Hales. You will attend every party I have to attend and suffer with me" he answered while continously typing on his phone.

"What about that model you were dating. Who was that? Uhmmmm...it goes by V...I remember something like Vivian...or uhhhh Victoria. Right! Yes, Victoria the model. What happened to her?"

He looked at me blankly which seems to me he is trying to put a face to the name I just mentioned then said "She is last week's news Hale".

Wow! This arrogant bastard. He has to say that? I hope there isn't a lot of his kind. I mean he isn't like bad bad.  But I guess with the money and fame and his looks, women will always throw themselves at him. Then, get a diamond necklace or bracelet or anything Tiffany offers after he is done with them.

I don't understand some women. I mean don't get me wrong, but I don't get it why they throw themselves at him when they know he isn't interested in a long term relationship.

"Haley, I can hear the wheels in your head",  Bennie said. "Are you still anxious about attending parties?" he asked.

"I can tolerate parties Ben, but I can't tolerate men coming onto me like vultures. You know how I hate it" I answered truthfully.

"I will be there as usual Hales. I will be your knight in shining armor so stop being anxious, I don't want you sweating like you run a marathon when we get there. You are already ugly as it is" he said to lighten the mood.

"More like a guard dog then" I countered.

"I should just buy you a wedding ring to stop men, and then, I will be able to enjoy the party" he thought loudly.

"And risk mom and dad's wrath again? Sorry, but I am not willing to take that. Do you remember when I turned 22 and we had to attend a charity?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, that time I made you wear a wedding ring just to stop men from bothering you every five qaminutes of the party" he reminisced.

"Mom and dad found out before the end of the night so they demanded you actually marry me or take it off" I added.

"Oh god! the look on their faces are priceless when they were approached congratulating them of having a daughter-in-law" he burst out laughing.

I laughed. We are full of antics all throughout these years. Sometimes, he pretends I am his girlfriend to get women off his back. Other times he pretends to be my fiancee to stop men.

"I was grounded because of you" I told him.

"Come on, you were 22. I didn't know you would be grounded. I didn't even know you would actually listen" he said.

"Well, they took away your favorite car and penthouse for a month so you actually have to be home  everyday and every night  so you won't get laid" I reminded him of his punishment.

"Yeah, that was hell" he agreed smiling.

And just like that my mood is lifted. I forgot my current dilemna.

I felt the limo stopped signalling of our arrival. I look out of the window and there's a red carpet laid along the entrance. Press littered beyond the red rope providing limitations where they can cross.