Chapter 13: The Hero's Return

Start from the beginning

Soon, the said man came face to face with a gigantic humanoid robot decorated with ornaments and plating, along with a royal fur cape and a crown. "I am G4!" he declared. "A Machine God that the organisation created. You're the Class S hero King, aren't you? I will eliminate you."

"Look!" cried someone from the crowd with relief, pointing at the said hero to which the others stopped and looked with admiration. "It's King! King's right over there!"

"You're aware that I'm King, a Class S Rank 7 hero, and the strongest man on Earth?" he questioned the robot.

At that note, the gold gear on the center of the robot's chest rotated. A giant sword emerged from his back, and he grabbed it before pointing the blade at King's face. The movement was strong enough to blow away King's cap, revealing his slicked-back blond hair combed down to the back of his neck, reaching his shoulders.

"I'm saying that I've come to kill you!" stressed G4.

Suddenly, there was a series of loud thumping, to which someone asked, "What the heck's that noise?"

"You've never heard of the King Engine?" questioned another with surprise. "It's the sound you hear once King's in combat mode! It's said that there's been no monster that made it out alive after hearing that sound!"

"Listen well." said the robot. "This is also a test of my combat AI. I need you to fight at full strength so I can gather data."

There was a short pause before King said, "Alright, but let me go to the bathroom first. I'll only be able to fight at about half-strength if I'm holding it in. That won't give you accurate data, will it?"

Surprisingly, the robot allowed him to do so. "I shall wait here for ten minutes." he said before pointing the sword at the crowd watching the exchange. "For every minute that you're late, I shall kill ten people. Got it?"

While everyone else was fleeing, Saitama and Masami were peeping from a lightbox while Genos was behind the lamp post.

"That monster seems pretty strong." commented Saitama.

"That thing is a robot, and quite powerful." explained the cyborg, who was analysing G4. "It's performance might be higher than mine. I estimate that it's at least threat level Demon and will be quite troublesome. I wonder how King will fight it."

"I'm not sure about that." said Masami skeptically, grabbing both their attention.

"What do you mean?" questioned Saitama.

"No, it's nothing." she assured while gentle shaking her head. She took out her phone to check the time. "Let's see if he'll be out in ten minutes."

Ten minutes had passed, and there was no sign of the hero. The robot's patience ran thin, and he was about to attack the fleeing crowd but Genos quickly stepped in and deflected the blow, shattering the tip. Charging up, his right arm detached from his forearm and struck G4 before reattaching itself, watching the robot fly backwards and land harshly on his back.

"What is that?" asked Saitama, who was watching the scene with Masami. He was holding the bags of groceries while the former held the box, letting her umbrella hang on her arm. "A rocket punch?" But the robot was quick to recover and sprung up. He appeared above Genos and stomped him, creating much dust cloud which soon disappeared to reveal the cyborg blocking it with both hands.

"Genos, want us to lend you a hand?"

"No." he assured. "In order for me to achieve your assignment to me and rank in the top ten of Class S, I need to be able to defeat something like this on my own!" All of a sudden, the robot's foot shattered, and Genos sprung up to deliver multiple punches rapidly.