Chimes of the Past

Start from the beginning

"Frozen rage state?-"

"Yeah, you were staring at the ground while growling to yourself with your fists really tight, I could even see them going pale," he states, making my head shoot up in his direction, "Of course, like anyone would, I realized that something was wrong, so I took a few steps back to see if it was me, but you were still upset, so I knew it wasn't," he finishes and then takes a few steps forward once again so that we're only a few inches away from each other. "So tell me... what's wrong?"

I stare down at the ground and start shaking slightly.

*cling cling*

That sound. I don't want to hear it. Why did that even have to happen that day, why?

*cling cling*

Wind chimes make such a beautiful sound. They were my favourite sound. I would listen to them all the time, admiring their beautiful sound. But now... I can't stand it. Not anymore.

"It's none of your business," I state, not even daring to look at him, and I turn and walk away.

"Hey! Hold on!" He says, then drastically, I turn around, irritation filling my body.

"What?!" I scream giving him a death glare. I just wanna go home!

Then I realize he's holding somthing up and swinging it from side to side, "Aren't you forgetting something?" He then tosses the object to me, a heavy blanket like thing. My towel! But when did I drop it?

"There's one thing I want to clear up before I go," I say while looking up at him. He nods and waits for me to continue. "I know you're not actually a student here at the Academy, Knight or otherwise, and you didn't graduate as a Knight here either. So who are you exactly?"

He chuckles before looking up, "I wasn't lying, I really am a Knight of Fairy Tail Academy-"

"That's not possible-" I cut him off before he stares at me in interest, "Judging by your looks, you don't look that much older than me, meaning you would've had to have taken the exam at the very youngest when I was in my second year, so by then, I would already know everyone who was Knighted that year, and you were most definietly not one of them, or in the later years either. So it's impossible that you're a Knight for this school." Once again, he chuckles still staring at me.

"True, normally you have to be a certain age before being able to take the exam to be Knighted. But there are certain exceptions." He pauses for a bit, smiling half genuine and half proud, "Every student has to take an entrance exam to get into this school, both in knowledge and in magic skills, correct?" I nod before he continues. "In other words, we take two entrance exams. But Fairy Tail Academy is pretty accepting, considering that we accept students in the middle of the year. Over the summer, there are students that get accepted like any other school, but that's normal. However, we accept half as much as any other school, but to make up for it, we accept students over the year, but even that's rare. The exams themselves are relatively difficult, but if a student fails one, they have to at least get a 92% or higher on the next exam. So do you remember what you got on the exams?"

I nod before responding, "93% magic, 89% knowledge."

"So those are very high marks for a student, which is why you were classed as one of the top."

"How do you-"

"When students are classed top ranking, it means that they're destined to become Knights one day. But have you ever considered what happens when someone gets 100% on both exams." I shake my head 'no', now very interested in the topic. I actually never even thought it possible to get 100% on even one exam. "Well if that does happen, then the student is then immediately allowed to take the Knighthood exam." Chills go down my spine when I hear that. He's not saying that he- "To be Knighted, you have to get a 96% average on both Knighthood exams or higher."