A New Student

I stretch out my arms as I sit up from bed, the light behind the blinds from the window just barely shining through the sides of the curtain. I'm still so tired. I wonder why? Everything that happened last night seems like a blur. Almost like, a dream. You know, I actually think it was a dream. But, for some reason, my arm really does sting a bit. But I wonder who that guy in my dream was. He looked really handsome. Leave it to me to dream about a cute guy who saves the damsel in distress, right? Heh.

For some reason, I smell kind of sweaty, as if I've been running a lot. I should probably take a shower. I raise the blanket so I could get out of bed, but something catches the corner of my eye, making me stop with both legs touching the ground, but I'm still sitting up in bed. I look at the side of my sheets closest to the window.

"What the-?"

What's this? My bed, it's usually white and clean, but there's a whole blotch of... crimson? It's a deep dark red spread around the upper left side of my bed. It looks dry though. What is it?

"Ugh! ughrrrk." my arm! It hurts!

I look at my left arm, bringing it up enough so that it's in my view.

Suddenly, I feel my heart beating heavily, and slowly. I can feel it beating against my chest, vibrating across my body. I'm taking deep, shaky breaths. My eyes widened at the sight that I'm seeing. A scar? No, just a cut, but how? I didn't move from bed last night! I didn't! It was just a dream! Just a dream. Just... a dream...

I keep looking at it.

It was just a dream, wasn't it?

~ ° ∆ ¢ ∫ ¥ * ¨ * ¥ ∫ ¢ ∆ ˚ ~

"Hey Lucy!" my petite, blue haired friend calls from the other side of the class.

"Hi Levy!" I wave back.

I start walking towards her, passed the desks and mess all over.

"I expected to find you here." I grin, "I can always find you at school, even on the weekends. You do know it's Saturday today, right?" I ask concerned.

"Of course!" she giggles, "I'm not that out of tune with the world."

We both laugh cheerfully together. It seems she's having a good day too. Despite what happened this morning, it's still a really nice day, and I had a good night's sleep (to some extant) so I'm not exactly in a bad mood. Except for the fact that my arm still stings. I put bandages over it to ease the pain, but geez it's weird how much it hurts.

"Oh! Talking about being in tune with the world, Principle Dreyar told me to tell you that there's a new student coming right after lunch. He wants you to give her a tour and explain everything." Levy says once she finishes laughing.

"Really? That's great! Do you know his name?" I ask.

"Apparently, her name is Wendy. Wendy Marvell I think." she answers.

"That's a cute name." I respond, "Well, if that's the case, I better go see her."

"Later Lucy!" Levy calls, waving her hand as I run out into the hall.

I keep running through the hallway, so excited to see the principal. I love having new students, I actually volunteered in every way to help others in school. Whether it's recruiting new students, library organizing, tutoring, whatever the heck, I'll always be the first to sign up!

"Ow!" I fall back after bumping into something.

Before I hit the ground though, I feel someone grab my arm and pull me up a bit harshly. I manage to stay standing and regain my balance.