°•¤●Riveting Conclusion●¤•°

Start from the beginning

"Hehe~" Nori looked satisfied with her spoils.

"Better lose a thousand than to lose a million. Serves me right for thinking it was impossible." the losing side sighed.

"Ahaha! They always do the weirdest things together. Luckily, I've never gotten myself involved in any of their schemes before. So that makes me an everlasting pure soul~!" the Imp by my side had her arms high up in the air. As if she was patting herself on the back for resisting temptation.

Ahahaha, they're an incredible bunch.

This, I wouldn't mind getting used to this... Taking a nice stroll with friends, enjoying a proper game session... It's a sensation that I've taken quite a liking to.

I... don't think I want to fight alone anymore.

Maybe Scorchy was right, I've been too distant from others... I suppose now's the best time to change my ways for the better, and share the memory.

How out of character... I truly never would've imagined choosing companionship over doing a playthrough of a game solo.

Perhaps, this is the piece of my life that has been missing from the picture.

Hm?...

...

Oh.

This is where I woke up... from passing out after beating the Four-Armed Giant in SAO...

In a grass spot, under a small birch tree, the roots were blooming with flowers that rise in the winter season of Aincrad.

I never would've thought that I would witness them again, at the right time in a different world than when I last saw them. They're beautiful, having colours of a moonlit night sky and streaks of blue...

My eyes caught sight of a certain familiar angle.

There!

That's where I thought I saw Kirito.

He... was walking towards the forests, into the mountains... quickly disappearing before I could confirm it was him. He carried me from the empty boss room, all the way up here...

And left...

What was going on with him back then?

"Hey? Heyyyy!"

"Earth to ISS! You okay up there space cadet?!"

Waving her hands in front of my face, she grabbed my attention the second I spaced out.

"You... okay?"

"Y-Yuuki..."