summary

Two girls of different ethnic backrounds but from the same city become best friends. In the beginning everything is great but then it takes a wild turn as soon as they hit high school. These two girls Michelle Bader and Carter Harris started from playing in the sandbox together to learning life lessons. Soon they will find out just how real the "Real World" can get and how many obstacles can get in the way of a a good friendship. As they start their Sophomore year you will see the changes that each of them are starting to develop. It's a shocker that they made it through freshman year still strong and tight. But will their Sophomore year be there start of new beginnings or the end of a long lasting relationship? soon they become the target in their high school Malcolm High. since the school is already divided between the Whites and the Black students, mixed with a little bit of Spanish they learn where they fit in. Let's see if peer pressure will get the best of them or will they fight through it. They're doing their best to make it through only For The Love of Color! "You need to figure out who side your on." Taira said to Carter. "Because the longer you wait, the harder you sink and I know she ain't going to have your back." Taira said walking away from Carter leaving her on the bench to think. Carter was torn between her new friends and Michelle, even though Michelle has been hanging out with Jessica and the rest of the crew, she still wanted Michelle to be her friend and be close like they use to be. "I'm not sinking." Carter said to herself as she walked home.