Chapter 1

It was a bright Sunday morning and my mom was making a big Sunday breakfast before church. Waking up to the scent of hot honey pancakes and fried bacon with fresh brewed coffee for my dad. Jumping out of bed I ran to the bathroom because my little bladder was full from holding my fluids all night. After I was done I washed my hands and face and headed down stairs to the kitchen. Looking around I see my mom sitting on my dad's lap laughing and talking. Sneaking up behind them I jumped up to scare them. "Boo!" I said popping out behind the chair. Looking back at me they both laughed.

"Morning baby girl!" My mom said picking me up and kissing my cheek.

"Morning mommy!" I said hugging her neck and kissing her cheek.

"None for me?" My dad asked.

"Morning daddy!" I said hugging his neck and kissing his cheek.

"How my big girl sleep?"

"Good!"

"That's good." He said kissing my cheek and hugging me. As my mom and I sat on my dads lap we just laughed and talked some more.

"What you wearing to church honey?"My mom asked.

"Can I wear my yellow sun dress?"

"Don't you think it's going to be a tad bit chilly for that? How about the red and white dress you have with the big bow in the back and the red cover up?"

"Yeah that sounds pretty." My dad added in.

"I don't know, the yellow one really shows off my legs." I said while moving my hand up my leg and laughing along.

"You are too much for me little girl!" My mom said laughing at me.

"Are you sure your 6, you might be 16?" My dad added in.

"Yes daddy I'm 6!" I laugh as he tickled me. As my mom walked away from us to check on the food my dad and I talked some more. "Daddy?"

"Yes baby?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, do you know how much I love you?" He asked with a smile. Turning around to face him we recited together. "I love you more than myself; I love you more than the earth. I love you more and more every day; love you more than worms love dirt!" I love when my dad and I said that together, it meant something special to me. I know a lot of kids that didn't know their dad and the fact that my mom and dad were together and married is an even bigger deal for a girl like me living in a place called Camden, New Jersey. It wasn't the best city or the safest but I knew once I stepped foot into my home I was safe and comfortable.

"I love you daddy."

"And I love you even harder Carter." He said giving me a warm hug. I love his hugs because I loved how warm he was and how strong and good his scent is.

"Okay breakfast is ready!" My mom called out to us and we went to the kitchen, sitting down I saw that my mom had prepared grits with cheese, smoked bacon, fried eggs, honey pancakes, a fruit bowl on the side and a big glass of orange juice. After eating we all got dressed for church. I ended up wearing the red dress other than the yellow. My mom put my hair in two big puffs with red ribbons tied around each one of them. My dad wore a pair of black slacks and a white button down. My mom wore a black high low dress with her short hair that had tight curls in the back and lose curls in the front it really helps bring out her face frame. She dapped a little bit of her perfume on me and put in my diamond stud earrings and did the same to herself.

"Look at my two favorite girls looking and smelling all good." My dad said as we came down the steps.

"You don't look and smell to bad yourself." My mom responded back and pecked his lips with a wink.