Chapter 8

After that drastic moment between Michelle and her; Carter decided to just stay to herself for awhile. She locked her door and wouldn't come out for any reason. Carter fell into a deep depression from the arguement; she stopped taking calls from Tiara and Jacob, and they've even tried going to the house to see her but she wouldn't open her door to talk to them. The only one she still talked to was her parents, and she even grew closer to her mother more after the break down she had in her arms. Her parents were starting to grow tired of Carters emotions and it started to take toll on her grades.

"Chris baby." Carter's dad Desmond yelled while jogging down the steps.

"I'm in the kitchen." She called back. Turning towards the kitchen he watched as his wife wiped down the kitchen. She was wearing a black wife beater with grey tights and her hair was tied in a high messy bun. She wasn't wearing any make up but her beauty still mesmerized him every time her sees her.

"You are so beautiful you know that?" He said grinning at his wife from the kitchen doorway.

"Desmond get out ya feelings." She said smirking and shaking her head. "What you want?" She said putting the dish cloth in the sink.

"Chris I'm scared." He said rubbing his forehead walking up to her.

"About what?" She said while wiping a crumb off his lip with confusion.

"Carter." He stressed. Looking at his wife he seen she was becoming annoyed with him dragging the conversation. If Christine hated anything she hated when someone would prolong a conversation.

"Just say it." She slightly yelled while folding her arms across her chest.

"Baby did we create a punk?" He asked while leaning on the counter next her. Looking down at her husband she cocked her head to the side. She gave him a look meaning she wanted him to elaborate. Taking a deep breathe he mentally thought about what he was going to say before he said it because he knew how his wife could get if he were to say the wrong thing. "I'm just saying, never in a million and one years would I think my child would be going through deep depression. I'm just saying we as black people don't really go through depression; now if she had like diabetes or high blood pressure that's one thing but depression? Baby you gotta admit shit don't sound right." He said pleading his case. Shaking her head again she slightly chuckled.

"If you don't shut up. We did not raise a punk she just doesn't know how to handle this. It's her first serious argument how else she she suppose to take it?" She said leaning on the counter next to him. "Des growing up arguing and losing friends was a regular thing. She never had any friends to do that with; she only had Michelle's trailer park trash looking ass. She's a late bloomer to the drama she don't know how to feel and that's understandable." She explained.

"Baby I hear what you saying trust me I do but to be honest I don't care. At the end of the day she is to good to be depressed over any situation. She's stronger than what she thinks and the fact that we are actually going along with this shit is crazy. I'm sorry baby but I can't keep supporting her through this heartache not when I know my child is stronger than she appears to be. She's a damn melanin queen." He said getting off the counter getting fed up. "My damn daughter-." He started to say then seen his wife rise up with her hand on her hip. Checking himself he started over. "Our daughter." He said fixing himself.

"That's better." She said.

"Our daughter can move mountains with her mind and change the world with her words. She should not be locked up in her room for weeks at a time wasting her life away. She was just starting to get a taste of life. I can finally see her smile instead of smirk. She hid in Michelle's shadow since they met and not once did I see her genuinely smile. Once she started hanging with Jacob and what's the other girl name?" He asked.