The sad, forced smile on my face slowly falls as I close my phone and shove it in my pocket. This is the second time I've blown him off this week. I feel awful.

...There's days where I really wanna tell him. I mean, I've been working at Gatti for over three weeks now and he still has no idea, it's not like there's anyone else to help him out or keep him company. It's not fair on him at all.

Spending this much time away from him honestly feels like losing a best-friend...

I sigh before bringing my mask back over my face and finishing off the rear of the car.

Okay, now that that's sanded, cleaned and primed, I've just gotta let this coat dry—

"Gah!" My body jumps when JK stands at the gate of my garage, one hand in his pocket and the other spinning his keys as he assesses the car for himself.

Keeping his hand in his pocket, the alluring driver enters deeper and leans over the convertible door to judge the seating. I managed to replace the old dirty leather for a fresh pink one. Gotta have the interior looking good too.

"I thought you'd just use this shit for parts or something..." He eventually comes to a nod, "It looks good."

I divert my attention back to the car and nod nervously, "Thanks. I worked all morning on it."

JK stands straight and turns to me, looking me up and down before helping himself to my bowl of snacks on the counter. "You look good too."

"I what?" My brows raise.

"Your clothes." He points, "Your fashion's getting better.

I look down at my clothes that are slightly trendier than usual... Honestly, I still prefer wearing baggy clothing over anything tight and revealing, it's just more comfortable and my style, but I figured with all this new money I'm making, it was time to switch my dad's old oil-stained vintage shirts for some Aaliyah-esque fashion. I guess my baggy white belted pants, rolled-up vest and bandana gets the JK-seal-of-approval.

After having stared at my stomach whilst chewing, JK strolls back towards my car. "Does it work?"

"Almost. I still need to swap out the oil filter."

"Mm." He licks his lips. But his next words take me back—

"So you gonna show me how to do this or what?"

"Show you...?"

JK cracks a smirk, "I taught you how to drive a car. Now you teach me how to fix one. It'll be our little exchange." He brushes his hair back teasingly.

I slowly go to retrieve my toolbox with frozen eyes. "Um... Okay," But pause before passing it to him.

"I should warn you, this gets a little dirty—"

"I like it dirty." He snatches the handle and chews whilst nudging his chin. "So what I gotta do?"

"Um, w-well first we gotta locate the oil drainage plug and place this collection pan underneath. It should be near the engine. I've got a skateboard if you need one."

JK nods, prompting me to retrieve my skateboard so he can slide under the lifted car while I talk him through it.

"First, use the socket ratchet to remove the plug and let oil fall onto the pan. Careful, it's hot, some might spill on you."