My clothes were slowly drying after Ben had pushed me off the cliff and down into the water but I can't say I was too mad at him. We were all sitting except for Beverly who was laying down enjoying the sun and listening to Mc hammer's Bust a Move on her boombox. I think all the guys where staring at her and I would be too if I didn't mind seeming weird to her.

I can't risk that, I really want her to think I'm not weird. So I focused on this book I was reading, but stopped as I remembered something from a night ago as my uncle saw what Henry did to my face. He literally beat the shit out of him. It's not that Henry didn't deserve it because he's crazy and he did but I don't like seeing people hurt like that..

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU HENRY?! YOU'RE NOTHING THAT'S ALL YOU'LL EVER BE!" My uncle screamed at Henry that night. Even though I was in my room I could only imagine how bad he was beating him and it still scares me.

I felt Eddie poke my arm snapping me out of my thoughts.

I jumped a little.

"Huh? Yeah, what do you need Eddie?"

"You look mad, what're you thinking about?" All of them focused on me. I don't really like people looking at me.

"Nothing. I gotta return this to the library, see you guys later." I said as I began to leave, trying to shake my thoughts. I heard Bev get up.

"I'll come with. Bye guys!" She said quickly and got her stuff. I just smiled at her.

"Wouldn't you rather stay with them? Not that I mind you coming along. I'm just not very fun by myself."

"Well, you won't be alone and I think you're a lot of fun y/n." She chuckled, grinning at me.

"Thanks." I blushed avoiding her beautiful eyes as we left. Before we got to the library she dropped some stuff off at her place.

I smiled at her as I watched her come out of her bedroom window and down the fire escape and get her bike. She's just so effortlessly gorgeous, it's crazy..

"Y/n?" She looked at me seriously and we stopped pedaling our bikes.

"Yeah, red head?" I chuckled.

"Is that a nickname for me?"

"Maybe"

She smiled. "I like it! I'll call you.. y/n/n!"

"Okay. It's a little odd but I like it."

"Are you okay?" She looked very worried.

I slowly looked at her.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Henry always has black eyes and-"

"Look Henry gets those because he likes hurting others. My uncle doesn't hurt me or anything. Although Henry is an ass. I wish he didn't get hurt like that at home because of what he does. I wish he wasn't like that."

I looked at Bev.

"You will never have to worry about me, I promise. I'm okay, really." I gently placed my hand on hers.

"A-are you okay?"

She avoided my eyes.

"Yeah. I wouldn't lie to you, y/n/n. You're important to me." She smiled.

"I wouldn't lie to you either, you're important to me too, firecracker. I'd do anything to keep you safe."

She got off her bike and I did too, she hugged me tightly.

"I'd do anything to keep you safe too." I blushed as I hugged her.

This is the best hug ever.

As we pulled away after a while, I grinned at her and booped her nose, I couldn't help it.

She giggled at me.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Because you're cute." She turned as red as her hair and I got on my bike.

"Ready?" I smirked.

She laughed.

"You're adorable!"

I just admired how amazing she is.

--timeskip--

After I returned my book, I knew Bev was waiting outside for me and I was glad for that. I hadn't seen that dumbass clown in a while, I stopped going to the library because of it.

We left and Bev and I went to my house.

"I have a treehouse, yeah" I said kinda worried she'd think I was lame after seeing it.

"It was my dad's and I guess my uncle kept it for me.."

"This is awesome! Lets go up." We climbed the ladder and sat inside. It's kinda big for a treehouse.

We sat in there just relaxing and reading some stuff my parents left in here.

"Aww.. They were really cute together." I smiled a little as I felt her play with my hair as I gently lay my head in her lap as she was sitting in a bean bag chair. It's really nice outside.

"You come up here a lot?"

"Yeah, used too. It's better if you've got friends though. Ben's parents didn't want him up here. Too dangerous or some shit." I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Hey um red head?"

"Yeah" she looked down at me as I looked up at her.

"Why do you like me?"

Her face slowly got red.

"I think you're great, and adorable and fun and smart and cute and a lot more. I really like that you like to read, I don't know why.."

"Maybe because people aren't reading as much anymore." I felt my eyes close, enjoying the gentle breeze that made its way inside my treehouse and being happy Beverly was here too.

I didn't really like being alone, but I was used to it before I met Ben, thank god for him..

I smiled just feeling really happy.

"Could you read to me sometime? I know I can but-"

"Of course, I'd love to. Anything for my favorite red head." I chuckled.

"I better be your only red head." She laughed softly making my heart flip.

I felt her hand find one of mine and blushed. This is wonderful.

"You know it, pretty lady."

After a few minutes of calming silence I heard her whisper something.

"I have feelings for you, y/n."

I slowly opened my eyes at looked to her.

"Wow, really? You know, if it wasn't obvious before.. I have feelings for you too." There was a look I hadn't noticed before in her eyes as I slowly got up and looked at her.

She kissed me and I couldn't help but feel like the happiest girl in the world as I kissed her back. I never kissed anyone before so I hope I didn't do too bad. I never understood the hype over kissing before, but I understand it now..

As she pulled away gently she just smiled.

"Wish you woulda told me sooner, y/n/n."

"Sorry." I smiled too as she hugged me again.

"I bet the guys are gonna be so jealous. I mean I can't believe you like me." I chuckled.

"Why? I'm pretty sure two of them are gay." She said.

"Well we can double date." I smiled at our hands as she gently held mine in hers.