"Geralt, look!" Ciri interrupted him and she ran towards him and showed him a book. His face quickly change and he was trying to not look sad in front of her.
"What?" Geralt laughed. Jaskier smiled and looked at them. He would be a good father, he thought.
"It's book about witchers!" Ciri said with excitement.
"Yeah? And what have you learned yet?" Geralt smiled at her.
"I didn't know that you have so much abilities.." she was shining from happiness. Geralt then got an idea.
"Ciri, I heard that Jaskier would like to read with you this book to learn something more about witchers." Geralt suggested.
"But I didn't hear it.." Jaskier frowned. Geralt gave him angry look.
"Yes! Come Jaskier." Ciri immediately grabbed his hand and Jaskier quickly stood up.
"I will kill you.. " Jaskier whispered to Geralt while he was leaving with Ciri into another room. Geralt laughed.
"She is really clever girl as you said.. She has really impressive opinions." Triss came towards him.
"Hmm.. I told you she is special." Geralt smiled proudly.
"Yeah, but you must be careful, she can easily outsmart you." Triss said with laughing.
"She has already done it many times.." Geralt laughed. But suddenly the teleport opened in the room and the letter landed in front of Triss.
"She wrote back!" Geralt said with excitement and he quickly stood up and he grabbed the letter from the floor. He immediately started reading:

Dear Geralt,

thank you that you wrote me and that you're so concern about me. I'm also happy that you chose me as second to help you. To be honest I didn't expect I'll be so high on your list of important people.. but back to the topic. I will help you but I think we should first meet and talk about it.
Meet me today on the hill behind Vengerberg in the afternoon, Triss will know where.. I'll be waiting on you.

Your dear friend Yennefer

He suddenly felt joy and fear at the same time. She wanted to meet with him.. he will see her again, his love. He couldn't be more happier but he was also worried. He noticed her sarcasm in that list and he didn't know what to expect from her now. He didn't know how she will behave at all.
"Geralt what she wrote?" Triss interrupted him from his thoughts.
"She wants to meet." he gave her the letter. She started to reading it.
"Do you know where is this place?" Geralt asked her impatiently.
"Yes, I know. I will create the teleport and you can go. You will come right in time there." she smiled at him.
"Triss wait.." he came closer to her. "If something happen.. you have to promise me that you will protect Ciri with your own life." Geralt looked at her seriously.
"I promise, you can count on me." Triss squeezed his hand.
"Thank you.." he was relieved.
"Geralt if you will return back, I think it will be better to not come back here into my house. Someone could notice it that we are here. I know some place where she will be safe until you won't return. I already wrote you coordinates. You will give them to Yennefer, she will know what to do next." Triss explained.
"Thank you again Triss." he hugged her.
"Go before she will notice it, she won't let you to leave then." Triss said with laughing while she pulled away from the hug.
"Tell her I will be back soon."
"I will." Triss said kindly and then she created the teleport.
Geralt entered into teleport and disappeared.

VENGERBERG - Aedirn

Yennefer was standing on the hill and staring on the town. She was a bit nervous, it's been quite a long time since they saw each other. She was so excited but also she was feeling fear and pain in her heart. She heard a noise and then she turned around. Her heart stopped beating for a while. He was here.. he didn't change at all. He was still handsome and he had his grumpy face. She smiled a bit but then she put her confident look on her face and she was waiting. She didn't want to show him how much she missed him.
Geralt immediately spotted her after he landed on the ground. She took his breath away, she was still so beautiful as always. He wanted to run towards her and hug her tightly. He wanted to kiss her lips so she wouldn't take her own breath. Oh God, how he loved her and now it was even stronger.
He slowly started walking towards her.
"Hello, dear friend." Yennefer told him without emotions.
Shit, I shouldn't have started this friend zone thing.. he thought.
"Hi Yen.." he said kindly. But then he noticed her eyes which were full of pain. He lowered his head.
"How long it is since we.." he interrupted her.
"7 months and 13 days.."
"Are you trying to impress me?" she raised her eyebrow. She was surprised that he was counting the days without each other. Maybe he was also hurt as her.
"No, I just answered on your question." Geralt said calmly. But the truth was he wasn't calm. He wanted to grab her and kiss her like his life matters on it.
She didn't say anything on his comment, she thought he will tell her how he missed her, she was disappointed.
"How are you? he interrupted the quiet between them.
"Good." Yennefer lied. "And you?"
"I'm good too." he lied.