Chapter 22- Enlightenment

Hey guys! This extra update is dedicated to @myrieeismee , thank you for reading! 😊

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

Atsumu spat out his water onto Osamu. Suna raised his eyebrows, and Kita looking to make sure Atsumu didn't choke.

"Wha- *cough* What do you want with our manager?" Atsumu growled. Ushijima put his hands up.

"I am deeply sorry if I offended you, I was just asking Edeline to teach me her serves, I am not the best at them."

"Why you-"

"Calm down Atsumu, he's just asking me a question" Edeline scolded him. She turned back around to Ushijima. "Come sit" she patted the seat next to her. Ushijima sat down.

"So why should I teach you?" Edeline inquired. Ushijima was stumped.

"I, um.."

"Why should I teach you when I have my own team to worry about? What if they go against you in Nationals, and you beat them because you learned from me?"

"I, uh forget it.."

"No it's fine, I just want you to know Im not teaching you openly, I'll teach you some basics so you know how to get the ball over the net. Let's go." Edeline hoisted herself up. Ushijima did the same.

"So you're just gonna go?" Atsumu asked with a mouthful of food.

"No, I'll stay with a person who doesn't know their manners." She deadpanned. Atsumu shut his mouth.

Edeline walked out of the cafeteria, Ushijima trailing after her like a lost puppy. They walked across the campus, reaching the gym. Edeline pulled out her key and unlocked the gym, the fluorescent lights blinding her. She walked over to the closet to pull out the ball cart. She handed him ball.

"First, you want to focus on how much power your outputting. If you put too much out, it will always go out. I watched you serve, you either use not enough power, and then you get frustrated too much. So let's focus on that." He just nodded.

She tossed the ball in the air, preforming an overhand serve. It landed neatly in the center of the court.  She turned to him. 

"Now I want you to focus your power in your fingertips, not your palm. If you palm it, it will go downwards, hence hitting the net." He nodded following my explanation.

He hit the ball, and it landed with a thud in the court. Edeline smiled.

"See? Not so hard. I think you've got it, just remember, power is key. Now lets try jump serves."

She stepped back a couple steps from the end line. Breathing, she tossed the ball up. She ran up, connecting the ball with her hand. A smack could be heard and the ball connecting the court was even louder.

"A big thing for jump serves is the rotation of the ball. You want to have enough spin on it that it will curve when you hit it, you don't want it to go straight out."

Ushijima just nodded, taking steps from the end-line. He threw it up, stepping towards the end-line. He connected and it hit the corner of the court. 

"Wow, good job! Try practicing the spin on the ball, and you'll be golden!" She patted his back leaving the gym. She turned around.

"You coming?" Ushijima shook his head.

"No, I would like to stay awhile." Edeline nodded, leaving him to his devices.

Sadly, again, someone was watching.

(Time skippy)

Edeline sighed, flopping down oh her futon, thinking about what happened that day. She was mulling over her thoughts before a ring came from her phone. She picked it up, glancing at the message, fear striking her heart.

Lev

Edeline, what is this? Are you cheating on me?

Edeline quickly typed a response.

Edeline

No? Why would you think that?

Lev

(Im sorry, I don't have a image, just imagine Edeline placing her hand on Ushijima's shoulder)

Edeline

I was just teaching him how to serve, what wrong?

Lev

Someone texted me that you were doing other stuff with him.

Edeline

Lev is that how low you think of me? You really think I'm that bad to cheat on you? And you would take someone's word over mine?

(Read)

Edeline

If that's the case, Im taking a break, you need to think about your words.

(Read)

She sighed, placing her phone face down. It took her a second for it to hit her. The tears started dripping down her face. She rubbed the tears away, breathing. 

'Its fine, its just a break'

*

*

*

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed!

Stay safe please!

Author Chan