Chapter 8- Stars

Hey guys! Hope your doing well! Here's a song I was listening to when I wrote this.

(MENTIONS OF DEPPRESION AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE ON THIS TOPIC)

Listen to the song while reading, it sets the mood :)

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

Lev watched as Edeline walked upstairs. He heard a window opening, and footsteps on the roof. He scrambled out of his futon and tip toed upstairs. Lev poked his head into Edeline's room, seeing that her window was open, curtains swaying in the breeze. He walked over to the open window, peeking his head outside looking for her.

"Hey, you looking for me?"

Lev turned his head to the left, and there she was, laying on the rooftop, staring into the sky. She seemed to be lost in thought.

"Yeah, why did you come up here?"

"I usually stay here when I can't fall asleep."

"Oh, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing"

Lev then crawled out of the window, proving it was hard because of his long limbs. He crawled over to her, laying down next to her. The silence was comforting, not awkward, as the only sounds were the insects, and the animals, soothing them. Lev decided to ask her questions,

"Hey Edeline"

"Mhm"

"Why did you leave Aoba Josai really?"

She sighed, not wanting to answer.

She sighed "Well, Its because at Nationals, I landed on the captain when we both went for the spike, not seeing each other. I got it over the net, but I landed on her. But the angle I had landed on her, I had hurt her. We rushed to the ER, but they couldn't save her. For months after, my teammates always blamed me, always telling me that I wasn't needed on the team, her sister giving me the hardest of the treatment."

Her tears started prickling at the edges of her eyes, but she held it in.

"Im guessing you guys know her, Anaya, she would hit me most of the time, emotionally and physically hurting me. I started self harming, which started, and I couldn't control it. One day-,"

She choked back her sobs, breathing. After deep breathing, she continued.

"One day, she struck a nerve, and I ran home, locking myself in the bathroom. I wasn't thinking about the consequences, and cut too deep. They rushed me to the hospital, and I wasn't breathing on my own. It was especially hard on Mori because he didn't know, and I was his only sister."

Her hands turned into fists, gripping them until her knuckles were white.

"After I had woken up, I didn't get to see my family. They immediately sent me to the correction center, against my parents wishes. I stayed there for weeks, and when I finally got out, Mori had looked worse than before. I stayed with him for weeks, helping him with his schoolwork, and sleeping with him."

She sighed, relaxing.

"Now I have to deal with her here, and I know that she likes someone on the volleyball team, and she threatened to hurt me or bring up my past if I hung out with you guys. Im taking a really big risk here even talking with you guys"

Lev looked over, and noticed she was crying, making his heart tighten.

'why is it feeling this way?' Lev asked, gripping his chest. He ignored it and continued talking to Edeline.