Chapter 19- Challenge

Hey Guys! Take care!

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

The group of boys and Edeline sat in their dorm, arranged in a misshapen circle. Edeline was flexing her hand, testing it.

"I said I would give you guys a explanation, so here goes."

She took a deep breath, clutching her injured hand.

"As you guys know, if you ever date someone on the volleyball team, your bound to eventually have problems with their fan girls. Im dating Lev, the half Russian middle blocker. Im having problems with his fan girls, thats why you saw me walking towards you guys with blood everywhere."

She chuckled at their expressions, shaking her head.

"Don't worry, Im used to it" She sighs, slowly laying on the ground, staring at ceiling.

"This used to happen a lot when I used to hang out with Suna, fan girls harassing me. I just got tired of it." She shrugged.

"Don't act surprised, because you know hanging out with any of you guys could cost me"

They all knew well in their hearts that she was right. Suna felt a pang of guilt through his chest.

"Well you knew what happened at the gym, and I had quit volleyball. My team would tell me that they didn't need me and I believed it. I don't think Im going to go back to volleyball" She said sadly.

"Well thats just a waste of talent" Atsumu grumbled. Edeline whipped her head around, facing him with fire in her eyes.

"Waste of talent? Is that what you think of me?"

The rest of the team was trying to get him to shut up, but he had already uttered the words.

"Yeah, you could have kept playing, but now your just a manager" Atsumu shrugged.

Kita was about to say something but Edeline clapped a hand over his mouth, signaling that she got it.

"All right Atsumu, if you think im such a waste of talent, how about we have a match? You can bring anyone you want, It'll be a three versus one"

Atsumu looked smug "Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you. Ill have Osamu and Suna"

Edeline nodded getting up, put Kita put a hand on her shoulder, forcing her down.

"We have a training camp in a few weeks, how about we settle it then. Your hands will be healed and you can play him with a fresh mind"

Edeline nodded, sitting back down.

"Well than, its a game"

*

*

*

*

*

*

It was the morning, Edeline cracked her eyes open. She was in her bed, blanket on the ground next to her. She groaned, putting on a pair of sweatpants and t shirt. She put on her running shoes and walked to the canteen. The rest of the managers were already making breakfast, Edeline apologizing profusely. They waved her off, saying that she looked liked she needed more sleep. She grabbed her plate and sat with Lev and Kenma.

"What's that on your hand?" Lev asked.

Edeline held her hand out, examining it.

"Oh, those are stitches. I split my knuckles last night, had to give myself stitches" She chuckled.

Kenma and Lev's eyes widened.

"WHAT" They both screamed. Edeline nearly fell off of her chair.

"You heard me, I was in the gym, serving, and I might have gone out of control and punched the wall?" She said sheepishly.

Lev grabbed Edeline into a hug, crying.

"IM SORRYYYY" He wailed.

Edeline hugged him back, assuring him that t was fine. By this point the entire room was looking at them, Coach Nekomata making his way over.

"What is the problem Edeline, Lev" He stated.

Edeline explained her situation to Nekomata, all the while Lev was hugging Edeline from behind.  Coach Nekomata had to talk to her about safety. He went to go back to sit down, and her team came by to talk to her. They all made sure she was fine, especially Yaku. She assured him that she was fine, and sat them down. She told them about the situation with Atsumu. 

After the team was in a rage.

"WHO DARES TO CALL MY MANAGER A WASTE OF TALENT" Yamamoto fumed.

"Guys its fin-"

"ILL KILL HIM" Yaku screamed. He got up but Edeline had to ask Lev to hold him down. Lev just picked him up and promptly returned him to his seat, fuming.

"Guys, listen. Its ok, im going to the training camp in a couple weeks, but you guys aren't going. Its going to happen then"

"What? And let my sister go to a camp for a couple weeks with BOYS?"

"Yaku, I can handle it"

They kept talking until it was time to go to practice. They all changed and went to the gym. hey heard a scream.

"SOMEONE GOT MURDERED!" Yamamoto yelled, pointing to the place where Edeline had let her anger out the night before.

"Ah, that was me" Edeline said. She wished she had kept quiet because she got another lecture on safety.

(Time Skip)

They had finished their last game of the day. Nekoma improved a lot, as Edeline did not play. The Inarizaki team thanked them for the game and they left. We all packed up and went home.

Hey Guys! This was a filler chapter, and Theres going to be a MASSIVE time skip to the Training camp. The camp is the one in Haikyuu- To the Top! They're barely any spoilers because its a training camp, not the actual game! 

Stay Safe!

Author Chan