Chapter 5 - Drawings

(Hey guys! hope your doing well)

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

I let a breath out as I turned the corner. I bit my lip, turning around making sure he wasn't following me. I started walking to my first class with Inuoka, whom already arrived there.

"Hey, where do you think your going?"

I shut my eyes, heart freezing. I turned around meeting the eyes of the familiar voice.

Her

It was her

"What do you think your doing here, on my turf?" she snarled.

"Im here to get my education, you know, go to college? But you wouldn't know, your too busy talking crap about other people" I retorted.

Her eyebrows raised. "What are you thinking, getting close to my Lev?"

"Yours? I didn't know he's yours."

"Oh not yet, but he will. He just doesn't know it yet."

I scrunched my nose, in a attempt to look confused.

"Huh? Then why are you coming to me?"

"Because the only thing in my way"

She raises a finger towards me

"is you"

"Huh? I don't like Lev."

"Then stay away from him."

"I can't, im the manager of the team I-"

"I don't care. If you don't want your past to come and slap you in the face, stay away, understand?"

My breath hitched.

What if they found out?

Would they hate me?

I cant face them

"Alright"

She smirked "Good Girl"

She turned on her heel and walked off to her class. I let out a silent sob, 

I can't go near them anymore

not now

not ever

I ran to my next class, wiping my eyes. Why me? Why does my past always follow me everywhere I go? Is this how my life is supposed to go?

I stopped, my sadness clouding my thoughts.

No

I can't let people see me like this

I wiped my eyes, smiling. I had gotten so used to this, it was heart- breakingly normal. 

This shouldn't be normal, Edeline

Your faking

Attention seeker

Selfish

"Edeline, if you wont get better, we have to send you away"

Worthless

I walked in, smiling at Mrs. Mizuki, and she returned the gesture. I sat at my seat next to Inuoka, who was drawing himself as a cat. I chuckled facing forward, getting out my supplies.

"Hey Inuoka"

"Mmm"

"I won't be at practice today"

His head whipped around to me

"Why not?"

I sighed "Lets just say something came  up and I can't attend practice from now on"

He look devastated

"Why not Edeline- kun"

My shoulders drooped, visibly concerning Inuoka.

"Don't ask questions, just inform the rest of the team will you?" I said with a sad smile "Ill miss you guys."

"A-Alright"

I faced forward, focusing on the notes on the board, with a million thoughts going through my head, none about the class.

(Time skip)

I sighed, wind blowing on my face as I walked home. I already missed the sounds of volleyballs, squeaks of shoes, and the yells that were thrown around. I smiled weakly, as the tears came.

drip

drip

drip

Why did it have to be me?

𝓛𝓮𝓿'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

"What do you mean Edeline cant come to practice?" I said with a pang of worry in my voice.

Inuoka sighed "She said something came up and she can't come to practice anymore"

Yaku sighed "I know why"

"Why?"

"Well a girl Anaya has been giving her a hard time ever since the incident"

"Anaya?"

Me and Kuroo looked at each other, eyes filled with worry.

"Well, she came here from Aoba Johsai, as you may remember, Anaya gave her a hard time after what happened"

"What happened?"

Yaku tensed up, shoulders drooping.

"She was playing center court in Nationals, against Shiratorizawa. She recived the ball and the setter called for her name, everyone could hear. She ran up to the ball, but so did the captain",

Yakus breath hitched before going on

"She got the ball over the net, but she crashed and landed on the captain, who was Anaya's sister. Because the impact was so hard, the captains skull cracked open. They rolled her to the infirmary, but-"

"But what"

Yaku looked up with tears in his eyes

"She died"