Chapter 4- Stitches

(I know, slightly concerning title but bear with me)

𝓔𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝓿

I twisted and turned in my sleep, having a nightmare

flashback

They were in center court, the final round in Nationals, going against Shiratorizawa. The crowd cheering and i was holding the volleyball, weighing it in my palm.

"EDELINE GIVE US A GOOD ONE"

I sighed, giving a look to the referee, who blew the whistle. I tossed it up

it feels good

I took steps

left

right

left

I inhaled and exhaled, hitting the ball with all my strength. It flew to the other side at a ungodly speed, hitting the ground with teeth rattling force. It was a no touch.

"GOO EDELINE"

I sighed as I looked exasperated. I was off my game, done 17 straight serves, all  no touches. I decided  to go easy, giving them a jump float, which they received. They did a pipe, but I received it easily, sending it to the setter. 

"EDELINE" 

I made my way up to the net, but so did the captain, who did not hear the setters words. 

I crashed into her, landing on something hard. 

I heard a sickening crack. I turned around, captain on the ground, with blood seeping through my jersey. I was in shock. 

Was that my fault?

end flashback

I woke up screaming thoroughly waking up my brother.

"EDELINE WHAT WAS THAT I-"

He then noticed that I was crying, face softening. He slowly made his way over to me, wrapping his arms in a protective stance.

"You know it wasn't your fault right?"

"Then why did my whole team blame me?"

"Because they were jealous on how good you were, they said those things because they wanted you to leave"

I started crying again, slowly turning into sniffles. I lifted my face to look at Mori. He wore a worried look.

"We have practice don't we?"

"Yeah, but you dont-"

"I do. Its my duty to, and I made a promise i would wear them out remember?" I grinned

Mori groans 

"Just get ready in ten minutes, ill get breakfast and lunch ready"

I hummed in response, standing up. I made my way to the bathroom with a pair of volleyball shorts and my old training shirt from Aoba Johsai. I sighed at the memories, but quickly snapped out of it. I changed and brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom and went to my room to get my phone and bags. I went downstairs to the kitchen, where I saw my brother packing the lunches humming. I went to go get a green tea from the fridge, and my brother acknowledged my presence.

"You finished my homework didn't you" He grumbled handing me my bento

"Yup, after you fell asleep, I didn't want to wake you up, so I finished it, didn't take too long, 20 minutes" I said, sipping my tea.