Chapter 18- Peeled Paint

Hey guys! Hope your doing well! Appreciate your support!

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

The game had started, with Atsumu serving. He twirled the ball in his palms, focusing. He tossed the ball, jumping and hitting it with full control. It hit the back left court, going straight through Yaku. He looked back, seeing the ball thumping on the ground.

"TWEET" Edeline blew the whistle, indicating a point to Inarizaki. Atsumu cheered, going back to the end line. He served again, hitting it with deadly accuracy. Yaku was able to receive it, but the force of the ball sent it to the other side, a out.

Nekomata called for a switch, indicating Edeline should step in. She shook her head.

"No, I want them to learn, subbing me in wont help them."

He nodded, returning to the game.

Inarizaki won the set by a crushing landslide of points, 25-14. They were on water break when Edeline talked to them.

"I told you the middle blocker would manipulate you. Lev, you didn't necessarily listen when I told you not to get hotheaded. Mori, you did a fantastic job, you've received them better than any team ive seen go against them, so please don't feel bad. And Kenma, they learned your movements, After I want you to practice with me on your form, okay?"

Yaku hugged Edeline, smiling. Lev apologized profusely and Kenma just nodded.

"Okay guys, time to crush them in the second set, okay?"

"YEAH!"

"Lev, Im getting subbed in for you, I want you to watch how I play, kay?"

He nodded, sitting on the bench with the other players. Edeline stretched, putting on her volleyball shoes. She walked over to the Inarizaki team to give them some tips. Well, more like making fun of Suna.

"Hey guys, all of you did well! Im playing in the second set, per requested by your captain"

She gestured to Kita, who nodded. She wished them good luck and headed off to the other side. 

"Lets go, its time" Kita said

They all nodded and headed to the court.

The game started with Coach Nekomata's whistle. The players lined up and thanked each other.

The game started with Atsumu's serve. He aimed towards the back court as he always does, tossing the ball into the air. What he didn't know was that Edeline was expecting that.

'Left backside court, a common weak spot for Libros.'

Edeline moved with lightning fast speed to the back court in time for Atsumu to serve.

She received with accuracy, sending it to Kenma.

"KENMA, TO ME!"

Edeline ran up the left side, with three blockers on her tail. She jumped, cocking her arm back, swinging with immense power. She tore through the block, slamming the ball into the ground.

WHAM

The ground shook, the ball hitting the ceiling again. She landed on her feet, staring at Suna. He looked back at her with widened eyes.

'shes a monster'

Silence overtook the gym until Atsumu pointed a horrifying fact.

"Guys, she hit the ball so hard the paint is gone" He said in a shaky voice.