Sweet like chocolate. chp 14.

Kacey POV
Her house

__________________________

"Joy I'm only going cause he won't leave me alone. After this hopefully he does as such. " I told Joy before getting up to check on Ken (the dog).

"Girl you know like I know you still want Dave. I mean he was right, men make mistakes and y'all weren't together yet." Joy said.

"So what if we were what's the difference? If he can't be committed in the first stage how can he be committed at all?" I asked.

"Kacey there was no commitment needed, y'all were still trying to figure out if y'all even liked each other. Y'all only talked for a short period boo", Joy reasoned.

"I guess" I muttered before seeing Ken throwing up on my carpet.

"And if you still don't wanna be with him just get you a free meal and some di-" "let me call you back love, Ken is throwing up." I cut Joy off before hanging up.

"Hey buddy what's wrong" I got on the floor and rubbed his fur. The same liquid that came from his mouth then began to come from his nose too.

"Buddy what in the world is going on with you?" I backed back then grabbed my phone to call a pet ambulance. I opened my door so when they got here they could come straight in. That's when he began to have a seizure.

"KEN" I yelled before getting back on the ground and trying to calm him down. I was sobbing when I felt someone grab me. I looked up to see Dave trying to calm me down by rubbing my back. I looked back at Ken to see they were putting him on a stretcher and hooking him up to machines.

"You guys can follow us to the hospital" one of the vets said.

I got out of Dave's grasp to grab my purse, jacket, and keys but he took the keys out of my hand before looking at me. "You can't drive like this mamas I got it."

I nodded before going to get in his car and we headed to the hospital.

_________