Chapter 7: What if you were deviant? Jk jk..

You winced, drawing back slightly as the wet cloth connected to your forehead.

"Sorry about that, this might be unpleasant."

"Might be..."

Connor leaned in closer to you, raising the damp cloth once more to dab at your forehead, cleaning away the blood from the cut you received from that Traci android at the Eden Club. You leaned against your kitchen counter as he worked, the room mostly silent aside from the faint sound of the television in the other room. "You're lucky, this could of been a lot worse." Connor warned.

"Yeah yeah..." You cast your eyes to the side as a light blush spread across your face. You weren't used to this- someone taking care of you. It normally was the other way around.

He lowered the cloth, placing it down onto the kitchen counter behind you. He grabbed the antibiotic cream you had pulled out from the medicine cabinet in your bathroom, opening it and applying a layer over your thin scratch with his thumb. As he moved his thumb across your forehead, he came only a few inches away from your face. You could see every detail on his near perfect face. Every hair. Every pore. Every muscle tensing in his face. He seemed so life-like. It seemed impossible to you that he wasn't human.

His eyes met yours, to which you quickly responded by looking away once again. You could feel the existing blush on your face deepen- you hoped it wasn't noticeable. You weren't sure why you felt so flustered. Why, when he looked at you, your heart seemed to leap out of your chest. You wrote it off as being disoriented from the fall you took at the Eden Club. Perhaps you hit your head a little too hard.

Connor finished the job by placing a band aid over your cut, sealing his work in place. "There. You should be safe from an infection for now."

"Thanks Connor." You pushed yourself off of the counter, admiring yourself in the reflection of one of your kitchen windows. "You know though," You turned back to him, "I could have done it myself."

"Next time then." He said as he cleaned up the small mess from the bandages and cloth.

You playfully rolled your eyes at his vague suggestion that there would be a 'next time.' Your attention shifted to the gaping hole from the screwdriver in his shoulder. You could see his biocomponents through it; it was one of the only flaws on him at the moment that showed he wasn't a human.

He noticed you staring, knowing fully well what you were thinking. "I'll be fine. I'll head over to Cyberlife later tonight and they'll repair me."

"That's good," You spoke, your voice a whisper. "That's good..." You lowered yourself onto a chair at your kitchen table, eager to, as your back was still throbbing from the fall you took earlier. Aside from your obvious back pains, you could feel a growing headache. You felt like it was because of everything that was going on. The loud music and bright lights of the Eden Club. The stress of the investigation. The dead ends you and Connor kept hitting. You closed your eyes and rubbed your temples absentmindedly, attempting to massage away your headache.

"Could I ask you a personal question, Y/N?" Connor's voice rang out.

You opened your eyes, darting them over to Connor who still stood by your kitchen counter. A personal question? What in the world could it be about? "Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure."

Connor walked over towards the table you sat at, taking a seat next to you.

Oh god. It felt like you were now the one being interrogated. You were in the hot seat while Connor had your case file, holding it over your head tauntingly.

"In your living room," He began slowly, "I saw a family photo. You, your dad, your mom..."

You were caught off guard, "What about it?" Whatever you expected Connor to ask, it wasn't that. Why is he asking me this!?