"Has everyone arrived at their location?" Riccardo asked through the earpiece. Me and Irina had arrived at the location of our mission- a warehouse of a small gang that has been stealing our shipments unsuccessfully. Our goal was to kill everyone, including the leader.

Around 6 members of both of our mafias were connected to the earpiece and confirmed their location.

"I want a hamburger." Rocco complained through the headpiece and I could already see all of us roll our eyes.

"Idiot." Jett replied.

"Irina will hack into the security systems and open the locks to every door inside. After we all infiltrate the warehouse, Rocco will look for the gangs underboss and kill him. Remember to keep an eye out for the leader. Then we'll bomb this shithole. Got it?" I said, and everyone agreed.

Our men infiltrated the warehouse and I dashed inside, looking for any side doors I could sneak through. I found one.

When I entered, I pointed my gun ahead as I peacefully walked up the stairs. I had just gotten to the first floor, controlling my breathing so nobody hears a sound.

A gasp escapes my mouth as someone grabs me by the waist and pulls me towards a wall.

"What the-"

He placed his finger on his lips telling me to quieten down.

He reached his arm out and shot a guard in the head, walking out and scanning the area. Goddamn it, I should have noticed.

Another man crept up behind him but I quickly threw a knife as his throat.

Ricardo raised an eyebrow, and I rolled my eyes at him. But then more attackers started to flood in and we had no choice but to work together.

I killed one and gave him a cocky, condescending look before he killed another. The adrenaline rushed through my veins as I showing off my killing techniques- taking part in a silent game before the silence surrounded us and the gunshots came to a halt.

"We've killed the leader-Rocco put that bottle down!" Jett spoke through the earpiece. I could tell Ricardo fought an eyeroll at his brothers antics.

**********************************************

Me and my family made our way into the hall which held the "charity" gala intended to help the pool in Brazil, but instead it was filled with criminals. It's completely pointless, but in order to wiggle our way towards the Brazilians, we all had to go.

I placed my gun in the holster around my thigh, which was hidden by my black dress. The dress was tight at the waist and hips, but slightly loose around the thighs. It was made of the finest silk and had no sleeves.

Me and my family got out of the limo, seeing paparazzi outside of the hall entrance. To the outside world, this gala was seen as one for wealthy business men and women.

Every crime lord has a cover up so ours is a hotel chain we own across the country, "Black Hotels." The Romano's own a corporation of different things, such as restaurants and hotels in Italy and America.

The hall was grand and my ears filled with the sweet melody of classical music, played by a band in the corner.

In the center was a brightly lit stage and a grand chandelier hung over the room. Despite its beautiful appearance, the hall was filled infamous notorious criminals. These people were the bitter truth to this get together, and everyone in here had a dangerous and powerful aura. This is where I belonged.

My family started to spread out and my aunt and uncle were talking to Gianni Romano while Irina, Jett and Rocco messed with the waiters.

"Ariel! Its been so long!" Alessandro Silva, The leader of the Brazilian mafia walked towards me as he kissed the knuckles of my hand. "I remember holding you when you were a baby, and look at you now!" Alessandro spoke with me for a while before I met up with Irina.

"I already want to go home." I complained, sipping my drink before an overly enthusiastic woman came up to me.

"Miss Black, you're requested in the hallway by someone who goes by Ro." She took my arm and lead me through the crowd as I raised my eyebrows, exchanging glances with Irina.

Once in the hallway I didn't even take a second to breathe a pair of arms pulled me back, but I kicked whoever it was before i was slammed against the wall.

"Do I have to slam you against a wall every time I need your attention?" Ricardo asked.

I remained still when he released me. I guess he was right.

"There's an attack planned on you."

"And you?"

"I can protect myself."

I let out a scoff. Did he think I couldn't? And why did he care?

"Thank you, Ricardo for your life saving advice." I said sarcastically. "I'll keep an eye out for danger." Though I was standing right in front of it. "Is that all?"

He slid his hands into his pockets. "This alliance. I'm enjoying it." His voice deepened. "Watching you squirm knowing we have to work together. But just because its an alliance..." his eyes darkened as he stepped forward and grabbed my jaw, lowering his voice. "Doesn't mean I can't rip your throat out when you try me again."

"Come closer, I dare you." I said while slowly reaching for my blade. His lips almost turned up into a smirk but it died down quickly. He stepped closer,  and I held my breath. My heart was starting to race so fast I couldn't recognise it anymore.

His jacket almost touched my body, and when he moved his hand behind me I thought he'd grab my waist, but he didn't. Was he tricking me?