Evelyn gave him and nod, looking to Will and Carina. "Ready?"

~

The island was even beautiful up close.

The colorful crystals covered the rocks they stumbled across the glowing island.

It relaxed Evelyn a bit, easing her soul as she traveled through the stars. Her fingers twitched at her sides wanting to explore the land, running her fingers over the crystals. She wanted to soak in it's beautiful but she knew every minute counted now.

Carina was the first to reach the last red "star." Her fingers gently covered the dull crystals. "Why isn't it glowing?" She whispered to herself.

Barbossa stepped up to the young her, outstretching his hand to her. "Finish it, Carina." He spoke, almost sounding proud.

Will, Evelyn, and Jack stood back to watch them.

Carina hesitantly took the red crystal. "The missing star. For my father." She spoke, holding it in between her fingers.

Evelyn narrowed her eyes at Barbossa, noticing the softer, sadder look growing in his eyes. "Aye. Do it for him." He stared at her, eyes slightly red.

Evelyn looked between her husband and friend, looking to see if either of them noticed Barbossa's strange behavior.

Will merely shrugged, the corners of his mouth dipping into a frown like he had no idea.

Jack, however, gave a knowing grin. "Looks like you aren't the only father here." He nodded to Will, nudging his head to Barbossa.

Evelyn and Will's mouths dropped.

"You can't be serious." Evelyn whispered incredulously, eyes growing at Jack before snapping to the captain before them.

"I know, I don't know where Carina got the looks from." Jack shook his head in distaste at Barbossa.

Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows up to Will, noticing he was just as shock as her. "I didn't know he ever had an romantic affairs."

"If Davy Jones can be in love with a goddess, I'm sure Barbossa can be in love with a woman too." Evelyn crossed her harms over her chest, looking back to Carina rotating the crystal among the others.

Will gave bouncy nods. "Fair enough."

Suddenly red light shot out from where the group stood, across the island to meet its sisters. The light connected by the red crystals created the perfect image that rested on Carina's diary.

Rumbling shortly followed after the the light from the red crystals. The island began to shake. Evelyn reached to Will, holding on to his chest, looking around. The group heard water splashing behind them, causing them to turn around.

On top of the ocean surface, a line drew causing the ocean water to separate. The water split perfectly down the middle, the split growing closer and closer to the island.

Before anyone could move, the island crumbled where Evelyn, Will, Carina, and Jack stood. Instantly, the fell down, sliding down to the ocean floor. Their screamed echoed as they grew soaked, sliding even fast until they landed on the ocean sand.

Evelyn coughed into the ground, slowly looking to Will to see if he was alright. Slowly, she pushed herself up to her feet, moving her gaze up to look around their new setting.

Drops of ocean water rained down from the heavens.

Everything was blue.

Sea plants and rocks were scattered across the floor. The blue color of the lighting concealed the true colors of the coral and sea plants before them. But they all knew they were still beautiful.

The whole scene was truly beautiful.

Will came up to Evelyn, touching her forearm. "Are you okay?" He panted, eyes scanning her face.

Evelyn kept her gaze around them. "I am." She replied breathlessly. Her feet moved, following after Carina and Jack. "Look at this place." A small echo of her voice carried.

"Poseidon's Tomb." Jack spoke, his voice carrying through an enchanting echo as well.

Carina's feet pushed off the sand into a jog. "This way." She called to the others.

Evelyn didn't hesitate to run after her, feeling Will and Jack running behind her too.

The young girl lead the group as they danced around the oceanic plants and creatures, looking for the trident. A small part of Evelyn regretted not being able to show her children the sights she was seeing.

Carina's movements only grew faster and faster until she came to a sharp halt. Evelyn stopped beside her, winded by the run. Jack and Will came up to each side of the women, trying to hold in their pants. "Look! There it is!" Carina pointed ahead of them.

A small gasp came from Evelyn at the sight before her. Just twenty feet away, rested the Trident within rocks and held up by some form of vines.

"The Trident." Jack spoke in disbelief.

"I can't believe it's real." Will spoke softly, shaking his soaking head. "I'm going to be able to free my father. After nineteen years, he'll finally be free."

Evelyn looked up to Will, a soft smile growing on her lips. "You did say you would keep your promise." Her words caused him to look down at her, offering a small smile as well.

"JACK!" A familiar, angry voice shouted.

Everyone turned to where the voice came from.

Evelyn's eyes found the person first, taking her back entirely. "Henry?" She let out a sharp gasp. 

Hi friends! I hope everyone is doing good this week. I feel like it's been like two weeks since I last updated. The days are blending so bizarrely😂

Anyway, sorry it's a blah chapter. I've had a lot of stuff (literally) going on in my personal life so a change to write something is a miracle. It takes me so long to write a chapter (2-3 hours at least), so I'm trying. They should progress. I don't know how many chapter I have after I reach 20 but we will see.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read and comment and vote. And let me know how you all are doing!💕