VII

So this part is after Aurnia had discovered Mikaela and Othello were supernaturals. Please read "Years To Luna" chapter 16, 17 and 18 to understand!

............................................

"Mikaela is it?" an elderly woman's voice asks from behind me. I jump startled by the intrusion from my thoughts.

Turning around, a slightly hunched over woman stares at me incredulously from a few feet behind. She has coffee wrinkled skin and pepper-salt hair, she is wearing a simple black pencil skirt which reaches her ankles and a crisp white dress shirt.

I could make out a small golden rectangular name tag over her left breast.

Marie Steven - Head matron of Royal Pack House.

Oh so she was one of the bosses of the house? Maybe that's why she carries herself in a rather haughty yet respectable way. With her shoulders as straight as her back allowed her and her chin as high as her weighed down head would permit; I could see that she took her job very seriously. Maybe that's why this big ass mansion is so tidy and glistening.

"This is she, depends on who asks though." I shrugged, shoving my hands in my back pockets. Marie seems to dislike the way I decided to respond but keeps her mouth shut.

"I'm Marie, I was told by the Alpha King to escort you to his office if you will." she curtly nods her head at me then makes a one-eighty towards the Pack house. Leaving absolutely zero choice of negotiation.

Huffing I followed her inside. It has been rather life-altering lately. Long story short, turns out the Alpha Lycan King Othello Stravos is Aurnia's mate. She accidently walked in on both him and I mid-shift and fainted - which is totally normal - we rushed her to the Royal Pack House in Pennsylvania and there I told her a bit about the werewolf/supernatural world until Othello came in and I had to leave to give them some privacy.

And also not to get killed because I ruined Othello's door - but that's besides the point, irrelevant.

It's now the evening, and I was just taking a stroll in the Royal Garden before madam Marie decided to interrupt me.

The sound of knocking shook me out of my thoughts, bringing me back in time to hear Othello's gruff voice encouraging us to come in.

"Miss Mikaela, Sire." Marie bowed her head at him. Othello only waved his hand, dismissively saying a thank you before she scurried out of the room.

"Sire? Don't you think that's a bit of an overkill?" I smirked at him plopping down on the armchair in front of his desk. He stopped writing and rolled his eyes at me.

"Not because you are immune to dominance means that you can be disrespectful to your king." he growled at me.

"Technically I can. I'm a hydrid. My other beast, my vampire, doesn't have to abide to your rules which means I don't have to as well." I leaned smugly into the chair and stared straight into his eyes.

Challenge him.

Both my beasts purred inside my head but just for once I decided to push their bliodlust away.

"So you admit that you're part vampire now?" he raises his eyebrow at me, referring to out conversation at Aurnia's apartement earlier.

"It feels like it, so yeah." I shrug.

He nods lightly then intertwined his hands together on the desk.

"I have not requested you for some friendly chit-chat - as you may presume - but more for a favour." his tone drastically changes from annoyed to serious business. The word he implied grabs my attention as I smile, mischievously leaning forward.

"Depends on the favour, Sire."

"I need you to train Aurnia's Moonspirit and body in combat for a few weeks." I am taken aback by the request of the Alpha king.

Me?

A combat trainer?

Ludicrous!

"You must be joking!" I start hysterically laughing in his face, clutching my stomach which started to ache by the force of my chuckles. His facial expression remain mainly the same, with only a little scowl peeking through.

As realisation that he wasn't joking dawns upon me, I awkwardly cough and clear my throat.

"You weren't joking, were you?" he shakes his head slowly.

"Why me? Like don't you have a more experienced and burly sort of trainer somewhere? No offense, but that is kind of a stupid favour, innit?" he rolls his eyes and throws his head back onto his chair.

"You are the perfect person Mikaela. I've had a background check done on you; warrior listed in your previous pack in Ireland, challenged the Delta there and nearly won, constantly overshined tactically and stragetically the others in your pack, a hydrid of half-were-half-vampire, immune to dominance. You're just perfect for my mate's training. And you know it." he stopped for a few seconds to let his words sink in.

Damn he definitely got me there.

"So? What do you say?" I looked down onto the ground briefly. It wouldn't hurt anyone, if anything I'll be helping my friend. It's already hard on her to be dropped into this unfamiliar world suddenly, now she needs at least someone familiar to help her through it.

Plus she's the moonstone, so much more powerful, it would be fun to challenge and spare her.

"Fine. But I'm only doing this because she's my friend, and I think It'll be fun to challenge her." I huff standing up and walking towards the exit.

"Very well. You will be staying in the Davis wing for the time being. Marie will show you to your chambers." he said dismissive and as if on queue, the old matron appeared at the door. I scowled at him but decided to bite my tongue and walk out.

Before I could fully go out his imposing voice halted me.

"Her training starts tomorrow morning, and just a heads up, my brothers are visiting tomorrow afternoon, so try to stray away from them. I don't know how they'll react to a hydrid yet." I just scoff and walk out.

Right.

As if I even wanted to see them.

......................
Finally an update people XD
It felt like ages since the last one, probably was.

So the lord has bestowed upon us, wattpad readers and writers, the luxury of a DARK MODE now!!!

This was the most exciting thing to happen to me in ages.

Anyway, please stay safe at home! Practice as much social distancing as you can!

We all just wanna go out to a safe, covid-19 free world!

Love yall!

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

-Nextdoorgirl01