III

The cool morning air blew across her face, refreshing her hot skin. She had been on the go since seven in the morning, running some last minute errands before her flight in the evening.

She needed to replenish Annie's medecine cabinet and buy a month's worth of groceries too. She needed to make sure Annie did not lack of anything for at least a month just until Mathile, her daughter, came back home from Ireland.

Mathile had stayed behind when her mother moved to London, she said she couldn't betray her pack and that being a werewolf, it was in her nature to find solace in being in a pack.

She wasn't wrong but Annie was her mother. She could have found a compromise of some sort if she tried hard enough.

She did visit twice a year, bringing her mom goods from her hometown or even letters from pack members who still appreciated her. In some weird way Mathile did love her mom, but not the same way Mikaela did.

That was why they never really understood each other.

Mathile always had her guards up around Mikey, providing she was older than her and all.

Mikey had called her a day ago, telling her what had happened with the mix up. Mathile had laughed sarcastically and told her that she would come stay with her mother for some time, just enough time to convince her to return to the pack with her.

Mikaela accelerated her footing, she needed to get those errands done quickly so that she'd have more time to spend with Tata Annie. Suddenly her phone rang in her pocket. She reached inside and answered.

"Hi honey!" Her mom's voice chimed from the other end.

"Hey mom, how are you doing? Is everything ok?"

"Everything is just fine here, would be better if you were here though..." Genevieve trailed off.

"I know mom, but I'm kinda of busy...I'm leaving today."

"Where?!" The she-wolf screamed nearly deafening Mikaela.

"To New York. For Uni."

"But I thought you started in March?"

"I know, me too but unfortunately there was a slight mix up, nothing to worry about. Unfortunately I can't do a pitstop home before going." Mikaela frowned her steps faltening a bit.

"It's fine honey, it's your future you're persuing, we will always be here waiting for you. Dad says he misses his little munchkin and loves you very much."

"Thanks mom, tell daddy I love him too. I'll try to visit when the semester is over."

"How's Annie doing? I heard she wasn't too well..." Mikaela had conpletely halted at that. She couldn't really say what was going on with Annie because the old woman made her swear not to tell anyone that she wasn't the fittest at the moment.

"Tata Annie is fine, she's seen better days but she'll get through this rough patch." Something up ahead caught her eye, a tall lean man stood just a few meters away from her. His brown eyes taking her in. She shuddered and averted her gaze whilst she talked on the phone. What was he doing here?

"Mom, I've got to go, I'll text you later ok? I love you." With that she hung up and stalked to the intruder.

He smirked and shoved his hands in his pockets boyishly. He knew exactly how to make Mikaela react whenever he wanted to.

"Mikey..." his low voice rumble within his chest.

"Ren, what are you doing here?" She jumped straight to the point - it was already hard to see him after having broken up two months ago.