Chapter 19 : Closure

"Get up, Khushi! Get up! Kabir is serious!" Ahir's continuous cries are loud and clear, yet Khushi doesn't move. Ahir finally takes the matter into his own hands. He shakes her, almost being too rough, and Khushi finally comes into her senses. Upon realising what's happening, she starts sobbing. Her loud cries pierce Ahir's heart and he almost pulls her with him as he rushes to the hospital.

As the doctors take her inside, she sees a still Kabir. He looks so peaceful. She looks at the doctor and he looks down. "I am sorry ma'am, we are running against time," the doctor says. As Khushi leans down and whispers in Kabir's ears, her tears end up washing the fleck of blood on his cheek. "I am waiting for you Kabir. Come back to me," she says.

As they wait outside the OT, Ahir brings a cup of hot coffee and a sandwich. She must be hungry, he thinks. "Khushi, he will be fine!" Ahir says. Khushi looks at Ahir and asks, "Ahir, how do you do this? Be so selfless?" Ahir smiles and says, "Well I am the most selfish person in this world. I can do anything to make my loved ones smile. Coz that gives me happiness. So, you see, I can do anything for my happiness!"

Khushi is about to say something and they spot Rheesa. Ahir is visibly uncomfortable and so is Khushi. She looks at Khushi and understands why she's here. Rheesa sits near her and says, "It's all over, isn't it?" Khushi is shocked. Is Rheesa convinced that Kabir is not going to make it? How is that possible? How can she claim that she loves Kabir and say all this? Khushi's expression gives away what's going on in her mind.

"He accepted my proposal only to tell me that he cannot marry me! Why that act then? He could have rejected me right? He doesn't love me, he said. Khushi. Why did you come to our lives? You have made a mess of everything!" She looked at Khushi accusingly. It all fell in place now. Kabir didn't want to reject Rheesa in front of everyone, to protect her dignity. It wasn't because Khushi was with Ahir. He said that so that she moves on. The great Kabir Sikand. Sacrificing his love and life for Khushi.

"Rheesa, please! All of us are in a hospital. Don't make it difficult for yourself. I know you are in a shock. Please calm down. Kabir will be fine. We need to be strong right now!" Ahir tells her. Rheesa looks at Khushi with anger in her eyes. At that moment, Khushi, unable to control her feelings, ends up hugging Rheesa who fights this endearing act. Khushi knows how it feels. To let go of your love, and Rheesa was perhaps doing just that.

As Rheesa ends up sobbing, Khushi sits beside and says, "Rheesa, I don't know how you feel for Kabir, but I am sure some part of it is full of love. I know what you feel. Rheesa, nobody can come between the both of you. Kabir has never allowed that. He always put you and your emotions first Rheesa. He never let me come in between you. We need to fight this. Kabir needs our strength."

Taken aback, Rheesa breaks down. Amidst sobs she says, "I never realised I loved him till today. Kabir was always my right. I always treated him like I owned him. Never treated him with love. He deserved all my love Khushi. But I just ended up complicating his life. I lost him Khushi. I lost him. I messed up your life. I tried messing with the both of you. Not because I am a bad person. I just wanted to be happy Khushi. And successful. Is it too much to ask? No right? I wanted to be happy...now it's too late!"

As Rheesa went on to confess everything that she did wrong, Khushi heard every word patiently. "He loves you Khushi. I can feel it. He loves you with all his heart," Rheesa concludes.

"Then why was he with you Rheesa?" Khushi asks her the same question she asked Kabir.

Right at that moment, the doctor comes out of the operation theatre. With bated breath they look at him. "I am sorry," the doctor says. Before he can complete his sentence, Khushi faints.