Chapter 15 : Mess

Khushi couldn't be happier. She is back in the show and things are improving between her and Kabir. This complicated bond of theirs keeps getting tangled and untangled time and again. It's funny how every time they sort it out one way or the other. Khushi knows somehow that Kabir and her are special. But right after this thought comes that of Rheesa's. What about her? She thinks. Something tells her that Kabir doesn't love Rheesa. But she asks a very important question to herself today. Does Rheesa love Kabir? It's not a yes, and not a solid no either. Until the answer is clear, they have to be in this complicated mess.

The call time is 9 in the morning and Khushi is early. So is Ahir. Well, he is always early. Khushi really respects Ahir. He is mature and an extremely talented individual. She finds the possibility of a friend in him. True to her nature, Khushi greets everybody on the sets and goes to talk to Ahir. He seems a little distant today. Khushi is a little taken aback. Perhaps he is still angry with her for the previous day. She has apologised many times but maybe it is not enough. She decides to mend the differences as she wants to be on good terms with him. Not because he is the director of the series, because she is that kind of person. Nobody can remain angry with her, she always ensures that.

"Ahir, what's wrong? Are you still angry with me?" Khushi asks innocently. Ahir is taken aback. He is reminded of the previous night. How Khushi was running in his mind and he had no control over his thoughts. He is not used to this, being so gripped by someone that he loses control. All he can do now is make sure that this doesn't lead to anything. But he has an inkling that he is not going to be successful. Khushi will not let him be. The more distance he maintains, the less he is successful in his endeavours. He cannot help but smile and break that ice cold wall that he tried to build between him and her.

"Hey Khushi, nothing. Just a little preoccupied. Today's an important day. Shakya and Noor are going to decide about the future of their relationship. So I am just trying to concentrate. This scene is so important that it has been giving me sleepless nights!" he bluffs. Khushi frowns and says, "Don't worry Ahir. I will give it my best. I will not let you down. Please trust me!" Ahir cannot help but smile at her innocence. She has no clue about what the reality is and tries to give him solace basis a misconstrued reality he just made up.

What Khushi and Ahir both are unaware of, is the gaze of Kabir on them. Kabir knows this smile on Ahir's face. He had the same smile when he realised that Khushi is special. Perhaps, this is a hint for him. He needs to let her move on. He cannot tie her back to him with a string that is weak and flimsy and hanging by the thread.

It's 11 AM and the shoot finally begins. Nothing could prepare Kabir and Khushi for the intense moment Noor and Shakya were going to share. As Ahir says "action" Kabir grabs Khushi close. The look in their eyes is not something they have on for the camera. It is real. Both of them can feel it. While the entire world is lauding for their art, they are living it. As the scene progresses, tears, smiles and finally farewell - everything makes them live their reality once again.

As Shakya says, "I think it's best if you move on..." Noor looks at him helplessly. At that moment, they are no longer Shakya and Noor. They become Kabir and Khushi. The welled up tears need no makeup. They are as real as it gets. Ahir is happy but he senses something. The passion in Khushi's eyes and the anger in Kabir's are not that of Noor and Shakya's. They are theirs. Kabir and Khushi's. Ahir almost understands in an instant. Perhaps, he needed this reality check. Thank god he got it early. He was almost about to fall for Khushi, madly, deeply, truly. Little does he realise that he won't be able to stop himself anymore. Does love ever believe in reciprocation? Never. It just believes in itself. It believes that it holds the power to beat all odds.

The scene is over and Ahir says "cut" almost ten seconds too late. But Kabir and Khushi don't let go of eachother in these ten seconds that seem like an eternity. What is this mess that these three souls, pure as ever, have landed themselves in? Destiny is up to something, and right now, nobody knows whose fate is entwined with whose.

Khushi can almost sense the piercing gaze of Ahir and a shiver runs through her body. You know how you feel that you are hurting someone, without you doing anything really? Yet, you are helpless and cannot help that person? That's what she was feeling. She was breathing heavily while running back to her trailer. She is entangled in this mess of emotions, she has no clue how to get out of. Why was Ahir hurt? She is asking herself repeatedly. Did she ever insinuate anything through her actions? Khushi has this habit of blaming herself for everything that goes wrong and overcompensating for somebody else's sorrows. And, Ahir had a beautiful heart, she reminds herself.

A second later, she hears a knock. She says, "Kabir please leave me alone." The voice on the other side says, "Khushi, it's me, Ahir!" She is almost conscious and runs to open the door. Both of them have a similar look on their faces. That of helplessness and anger. They are going through the same, aren't they? Falling for someone who will not be theirs. Handing over her phone, Ahir says, "You had left it behind. I didn't want anyone else to come give it to you. Not too safe. Take care Khushi. See you tomorrow."

As Khushi clutches the phone in her hand, a tear trickles down. She can sense how Ahir feels for her. A message beeps and Khushi's sobs intensify. It's Kabir.

Ahir is a good guy. Take care Khushi.