Nice to Meet Ya

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended. This story is pure fiction and only based on our bored minds during quarantine.

ALSO: please, don't copy or translate this story without asking. Also English is NOT our mother tongue, so please tell us if you find any mistakes.

„Are you sure that's a good idea?" Kennedi asked through the camera.

"I have to hear it, Kennedi" I answered without looking at her. "I'll never get over him if I don't know what he has to say."

"Don't you think it'll remind you of stuff from the past you have already gotten over?"

"Maybe, but I have to hear it. I have to know what he thinks and I'm still not talking to him, so that's the only chance I get."

"You could just ask Ed or Lewis or James or God knows who?"

"Kennedi."

"Alright, do what you think is best. But call me later, yeah?"

"Will do. Bye." I hung up before she could say anything else and opened Spotify instead. I saw his album immediately. Of course Spotify would recommend it, I've listened to his first one on repeat. Fucking algorithm. I took a deep breath, opened the album und pressed on shuffle.

I like the way you talk, I like the things you wear

I want your number tattooed on my arm in ink, I swear

It took me exactly three seconds to figure out what this song was about.

---

"May I take your jackets?"

"Oh, thank you" I was able to rush out before Selena dragged me with her. "C'mon, we still have time to drink some shots!"

"Why is it so important to get drunk?" I asked suspicious.

"Don't know what you're talking about." So she did not want to talk about Justin. Alcohol it is, I guess.

I stumbled after her on my way too high high heels through the club towards the bar. Arriving there, Selena raised her hand and ordered two Tequila-shots. I hated Tequila. But being the good friend I am I just smiled at her. "Salud!", she grinned and gave me one of the shots. We raised our glasses for a toast and I threw my neck back. The Tequila burned down my throat and I grimaced. "Disgusting." Selena just laughed.

The party got more and more crowded and I just raised my hand for our fourth shot, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a widely grinning face.

"May I join you?" he asked nodding towards my shot.

"Niall", Selena gasped happily and obviously drunk. "I didn't know you guys were coming. You know, because it's Taylors Party and all..."

"How many shots did she have?" Niall asked me trying not to burst into laughter.

"Three I know of" I answered grinning back.

"Well in that case –" he grabbed Selenas shot, ignored her protests and turned back to me. "Cheers!" I laughed, raised my glass and finished my hopefully last Tequila for this night.

"Hi, I'm Hailee" I introduced myself.

"Ah, yeah, Pitch Perfect right?" he laughed and I grimaced. Really original.