"Emma... are you alright?" Killian asked worried for her and what she would think of his actions.

Emma didn't say anything... All she did was run up to him and wrapped her arms around his torso tightly. He felt her tremble from either fear or adrenaline, maybe both.

"Thank you..." Was all she managed to choke out.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here... I should've been..." He responded feeling responsible.

"No it's okay... you couldn't have known." Emma reassured him, burying her face deeper into his chest.

All Killian did was hold her as long as she wanted, he felt guilt enter his entire body. Sure he didn't know but that was a poor excuse. He took it upon himself to protect her and he thought this island would be a safe place, but he was wrong and felt he failed her... that's something he would have to deal with.

Killian called some of his crew members to take the stable boy to the Jolly Roger and lock him in the brig, his punishment was to be determined later. Emma had calmed down a bit and prepared for the day in silence, her appetite was lost and she decided to skip breakfast, not meaning to hurt Killian's feelings any further knowing he felt guilty...

Killian insisted they still go shopping in the town that day to hopefully distract Emma and because she did need new things as their next journey had yet to be planned, they didn't know when they would reach another port.

"See anything you like, love?" Killian asked Emma, walking through the village.

"Umm... everything looks lovely..." Emma said, still very distant.

Killian stopped in the dirt road and grabbed Emma's hand, making her face him...

"Swan. Please tell me how I can fix this..." Killian said with pain in his voice, referring to the events of the morning.

"No no, I'm sorry. I'm ruining our last day here." Emma said, knowing it was weighing heavily on his mind as her.

"My day could never be ruined with you around, love." Killian said, bringing a smile to her face for the first time that day.

From that moment on Emma tried not to focus on her worries and allowed Killian to treat her to a day shopping. She bought many new outfits, some were dresses and some were just tops and pants. She finally decided to invest in a hairbrush so she wouldn't have to keep brushing her hair with her fingers. Emma was waiting by a weaponry story while Killian was paying for her new purchases. She looked into the window staring at a bow and arrow, it reminded her of her mother who was a master with such a weapon.

"Anything else you desire, Swan?" Killian asked, carrying several bags in both hands.

"Um, no, that's all..." Emma said, still gazing in the shop's window.

Killian saw what she was glancing at...

"You can have it, love. You can have anything you want." Killian said, reminding her of the purpose for the day.

"It wouldn't be much use on the Jolly Roger though..." she responded, already feeling guilty for all the money he already spent on her.

"Nonsense. I'm sure you'll find use." He responded, dropping the bags and heading into the store, not leaving it up for debate.

Emma couldn't help but smile. He did treat her like she was his most valuable treasure, giving her everything and anything she needed and wanted. Of course she felt bad at times, but at the same time she knew events like this brought him joy...

Killian exited the shop with not only a hand carved bow and feather arrows, but also with a beautiful sword that resembled one of her fathers. He always thought of her and she loved that about him...

The day was now at an end... Killian and Emma met up with the crew at the tavern, surprisingly Killian didn't get any drinks as he was only there for business. He reminded the crew that this was the last night on the island and they needed to get their final affairs in order and be prepared to leave once the sun had finished rising. All of the crew nodded in agreeance and then got back to their drink, the pirate and princess left the tavern ready to turn in for the night.

"Killian... " Emma started as they held hands, walking the empty roads.

"Yes, love?" He asked.

"Would you be upset if we spent the last night on the Jolly Roger tonight...I just don't want to be back in the room." Emma asked, staring at the ground.

"Of course not, Emma... but he is in the ship's brig." Killian responded, reminding her of the man's place.

"I know... It probably sounds absurd that I'd want to stay there, considering there's only a floor difference." She responded, knowing it was ridiculous.

"Hey... I'll be right outside your door all night until you wake up. You have my word, he and no one else will come near you." Killian said in a serious tone.

They headed back to the ship for their final night on Angel Island... Emma had finished getting ready to sleep and was now lying in bed. She found herself unable to sleep as many thoughts consumed her mind. She missed her parents and her kingdom. She wondered if her parents received her letter yet and if they would even write back... lastly she thought of the events from this morning, sure nothing had actually happened, but the thought of what could, made her uneasy...

She got out of bed and opened her room door to find Killian at the desk, studying maps, most likely preparing for the next destination. He must not have seen her as he still focused on his maps. She admired how handsome he looked sitting at the wooden desk with his hand brushing his beard as he thought. Strands of his long hair hung in his face...

"Sorry love, didn't see you there. Everything alright?" He asked, finally noticing her.

"Are you busy?" Emma asked, not wanting to take him away from his responsibilities as Captain.

"I'm never too busy for you." He responded without hesitation, looking up at her.

"Will you come lay with me?" Emma requested, biting her bottom lip.

"As you wish." Killian said, getting up from his desk and entering her quarters.

Once they were both lying in bed, Emma placed her head and hand on his chest, he wrapped his arm around her waist and the other placed on her hand. Emma felt safest in his arms, no amount of guards and knights ever made her feel as safe as she did now. She finally was able to drift off to sleep with the calming sound of his heartbeat being the last thing she heard...