Once they were docked and the ship was secured the crew quickly hurried off, the Captain gave them the few days they were there to do as they pleased. Killian and Emma were last to leave, taking their time to enjoy each other's company. As they walked down the long dock, Killian grabbed Emma's hand to hold. She gladly accepted and placed her other hand on his forearm and laid her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"Did you bring the piece of paper?" Killian asked Emma, referring to the note she needed to write.

"Oh no! I completely forgot!" Emma said, turning around back to the Jolly Roger.

"Emma, love, I got it." Killian said with a chuckle, knowing she would forget.

"Well, I still need a quill!" Emma replied, still heading for the Jolly Roger, leaving Killian in his place.

"Swan, I've got it, I got everything." Killian said, grabbing her hand to get her attention.

"You just think of everything, don't you..." Emma said, wrapping her arms around his neck. Killian placed his hands around her small waist.

"Aye. Plus you princess types are used to people doing everything for you." Killian said with a smile, teasing her.

Emma laughed and pulled him in for a long lingering kiss. She loved that he knew her so well and that he was always thinking of her and what she needed. Sure she did have many people back home to do that for her, but this was different. She savored the moment, knowing they soon would be running many errands.

    "Come on love, let's go write your note..." Killian said, hand around her waist.

Killian led them not too far from the dock, there was a nearby table and bench close to the water with no one around. It was the perfect location for Emma to gather her thoughts and compose her letter...

Dear Mother and Father,

I am to assume you have not heard the news... The royal ship was attacked by pirates weeks ago. Many of our knights died trying to protect me, August almost died as well. Before the pirate could kill him, I stepped in. I offered myself up as a ransom for their lives to be spared. The Captain accepted, I ordered August to continue on with the journey, I beg you to pardon him as well as everyone else on board, they were only following my orders, August didn't want me to go...

Before you get mad please hear me out, the next part is not easy to explain, especially over letter...

The Captain's ship I bored is called the Jolly Roger... Belonging to Killian Jones. He treated me well from the moment I stepped on his deck. He gave me my own room and freedom to walk the ship. The tales of him are not entirely true... he took me on a date, which I enjoyed very much. He told me I'm no longer his prisoner and I can return home when I please. As of now, I've decided to stay.

Please please please spare him when the time comes, he has been nothing but an honorable man to me... I like him very much. I know you said it was my choice to choose who I can love and I choose him. I believe he will offer me love like you two share.

I know I should have come home once he released me, but I love being at sea with him. I  know my duty is to Misthaven and I will return soon, and when I do I hope you accept my decision as well as Killian...

Your daughter,

Emma

Emma let out a shaky breath as she finished the letter, she knew her parents wanted her to be happy and they were forgiving with many people but this situation was entirely different. She had never been one to not put her kingdom first, as it was instilled in her brain that it was her biggest responsibility. Her parents might have said she was to find love with whomever she wanted, but she doubted they expected her to find love with a pirate, especially a pirate with a reputation like Killian's no matter how far from the truth it was.

    "Are you alright, love?" Killian asked, concerned.

"I will be, I really hope they understand... I've never done anything like this." Emma said, sadness entering her voice.

"Well if what you say about them is true, I'm sure they will." Killian said, placing a reassuring kiss on the side of her head. 

"Now call your bird friend and I'll take you on a real adventure once we're done here." Killian said, lightening the mood.

Emma laughed. She whistled and a small blue bird appeared. She tied the letter close, tied it to the bird's leg, and instructed the bird to find Snow White and Prince Charming of Misthaven. The bird flew off into the air, she knew the bird had a long journey as they were oceans away from Misthaven. She secretly hoped the bird would be able to deliver the message sooner than expected and she would receive one from her parents in return... all was left to do was hope.