Chapter 23.

ANDRÉ

"There's alot more we were missing about him. Drug trafficking, Human trafficking, money laundering." Lucas says, slapping a file on the table we surrounded at the VIP section of the Club that all four of us co-own.

"I've also sent the soft copy to your mails for backup." Lucas adds.

"When do we send in the files for his arrest?" Fabian asks.

"I suggest Wednesday. Perfect time of the week to open a case on him." I pitch in since that's the middle if the week, it strikes a balance between the busy days and less busy ones.

"I'm just glad we have been able to wrap up the ordeal with Trandon. Most importantly, no one has been harmed."

I take a peek downstairs and I see a somewhat familiar face. I could not believe my eyes.

Grinding and dancing sensually in the crowd is Sophia. She is supposed to be at home.

What am I going to do with you?

I look at the person holding her waist and it is the same guy from the other day.

This better be a look alike of her because I doubt my hands can stop themselves today.

"Excuse me." I stand up without waiting for a response from them.

SOPHIA

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Happy birthday, Happy birthdayyyyyyy to you." I sing, trying so hard to mimic the voice of Celine Dion in the stretched Birthday part.

"You sing terribly. My ears." Drew complains over the phone.

" Thank you." I didn't need to see him to know he's smiling right now.

" Good thing your day off is today. How about Date Number two?" He asks.

"Urgh. Are we still on that?" I ask.

"Yes. Young lady, get ready for 6pm." He says.

"Is that not too late?" I had to be quick so as to return early.

"No excuses. See you by 6pm and Sophia?" He says

"Yeah?"

"Wear something nice, atleast if I get hospitalised tonight, I did that with my last sight on you." He laughs into the phone.

"Shut up, silly." I roll my eyes

"Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady." He warns playfully, how did he know that?

"Yeah, right." I reply, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I've got some work to do now. See you by 6pm.

......

"We are at a club?" I shout over the noise so he could hear me.

"Yes and guess who owns it? Your hearthrob and his friends."

"How do you manage to know all he does?" I ask.

"Magic." He winks.

"Seriously?" I huff in annoyance.

"Alright. The first time was coincidence but for today, they come to the club every Saturday. The bartender is my friend." He shrugs.

"You should be happy I'm sacrificing my chances of staying complete without scars on ny birthday for you." He says and drags me inside the club after he shows his ID to the bouncer who also seems to be acquainted with him.

"Hey, Ter. Scotch and Tequila shots for us." He pays for the drinks as we sit to drink. The club is very large with many sweaty bodies dancing and grinding each other. We had to dodge alot of drunk people to get here.

Three shots down and I feel tipsy already. So much for hanging out.

"Let's dance." I drag him to the dance floor.

We are dancing and swinging our heads to the music when my favorite song by Rihanna comes on.

Work, work, work, work, work, work
He said me haffi
Work, work, work, work, work, work
He see me do mi
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
So me put in
Work, work, work, work, work, work
When you ah gon'
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn?
Me nuh care if him
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting

Dry, me ah desert him
No time to have you lurking
Him ah go act like he nuh like it
You know I dealt with you the nicest
Nuh body touch me you nuh righteous
Nuh badda, text me in a crisis
I believed all of your dreams, adoration
You took my heart and my keys and my patience
You took my heart on my sleeve for decoration
You mistaken my love I brought for you for foundation
All that I wanted from you was to give me
Something that I never had
Something that you've never seen…

I clapse my hands on his chest and start dancing, playfully singing the song. Soon, I am moving my waist bit by bit and before I can realise it, I am twerking and dancing so hard, loosing myself into the music.

My phone vibrates in my pocket but I just ignore it.

"Someone's coming our way and their face does not look pretty at all." Drew states which I just ignore.

"Get your hands the fuck away from her!" I hear someone yell followed by a punch which I am glad Drew ducked.

I turn to see who it is and my eyes widen in shock. Shit! André. If looks could kill, I'll be six feet under right now.

"Stop it." I slurred, blame it on the alcohol.

"Easy, man." Drew says, laughing behind me to further aggravate him. He attempts to punch him again and I quickly position myself in front of him.

"Stop!" I speak again, trying to muster up strength. Who told me to drink, I want to smack myself on my head right now.

"You, woman have a lot of explaining to do." With that said, he lifts me up like a sack of potatoes. I did not miss the click of cameras as he walked towards the entrance.

"Drop me down you caveman." I say, hitting him continuosly on his back.

"Shut up." He smacks my butt and like a robot receiving a command, I automatically become silent.

We finally come to a halt in front of his car and he retrieves his keys from the valet who helped him open the door then drops me into the car and securely locks the door.

He sits on his own side of the car and starts driving, mumbling profanities under his breath.

The last thing I remember is him carrying me out when we reach home and uttering the words "Fuck, she's asleep." before my body shut down totally in surrender to sleep.