이십육

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 : 𝚌𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 ?

____________________

wonwoo woke up with a big yawn, stretching himself on the bed. it was already morning, the sun had replaced the moon, lighting up the sky. there was a faint sound of waves inside the hotel, and it reminds wonwoo of what he should've been doing today. the plans he had done before he met soonyoung.

it's like the memory from yesterday crawls bit by bit, eating him up. and the heaviness inside his chest came again, like a big rock pressed hard down there.

wonwoo sighed.

he took a look at his phone, there were tons of messages from his chatroom. wonwoo just dropped his phone back to the bed as he makes way to take a shower. he can read that later. his mind was a mess and now his head was clouded with the thought of soonyoung, soonyoung and soonyoung.

if it was really, really him yesterday, shouldn't he be happy? wasn't that what he wished for months ago, for soonyoung to come back?

but he betrayed you, remember? the voice back at his mind speaks.

his breath hitched.

it's all in the past, he explained it that day...the day before we got separated again.

see? look what he had done to you. all he had done was hurt you, leave you like a piece of useless scum. he will never appreciate you like the way you do.

but he told me his feelings were genuine, all of it, were the truth. there's no way he'd lie about that-

yeah, like the way he lied to you about for not leaving your side-

"FUCK ! STOP !" wonwoo screamed, to no one but himself. his voice echoed inside the bathroom, as he took off his shirt and toss it angrily.

"fucking stop thinking about him."

the breeze of oceans hits wonwoo's skin, the boy closed his eyes as he savored the peaceful moment. his hair was slicked back, showing his forehead- and wonwoo can agree, this is the most peaceful moment he had ever had- well if we left that soonyoung part out.

he sat by the bench near boardwalk, looking at the kids who were playing with their friends near the shore. jeju island was full of rocks, there were barely a sand here. but that's the thing that attract more people and tourists to come here. it was freezing cold, the wind was strong, yet wonwoo doesn't know how and why these kids were playing with water at this weather, he laughed to himself as another kid throws them the salt water and they accidentally drank that.

other than the kids, there were couples too, who sat at the bench like him- who were simply just holding hands and stares at the sea. it was a beautiful sight to see; two people who was so deep in love with each other doing that, but wonwoo can feel the stung feeling inside his heart, deep, deep down. and he can listen the sound the back of his mind saying how nice if soonyoung was here too.

he just gulped and shakes off the thought, getting rid of this uneasiness built up inside him.

the ocean waves the only thing accompanied him now. it's just silence, save for the kids giggles and some chatters near him- but it was a complete comfortable moments, the beautiful scenery wonwoo knew he'd never forget.

"ah, it's cold." he rubs his hands together, take out some hot packs from his pocket. the sudden warmth envelopes him, before he slips his hands back inside pocket.