이십삼

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 : 𝚊𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜

____________________

months has passed, weather's changing and summer is around the corner. wonwoo was currently on his break, a week leave that he got after successfully carried his mission with his new team. the other three from his former team had been so busy too, on a case they handles since months ago, from the moment he got discharged. they never brought it up on him, so maybe it's something confidential- and wonwoo knew he should not ask, as it is a part of regulation, and it was not his case either. though he is kind of curious about them after not talking nor texting for months.

the sun's ray peek through his small apartment, the curtains, lighting up the place that feels hollow, the same empty feelings for years long. wonwoo sighed as he stuffed his shirt inside the suitcase, thinking about his meetings in a few days. sure, he is on leave, but his father insisted he should to go to jeju, take a rest there and attend one of the party that was hosted by the politicians, just for one night.

it all started when wonwoo got promoted few months ago, he knew by hook or by crook he'll follow his father steps soon, sooner or later. just, thinking about stuffy suits and formal speech- it's disgusting, but what can wonwoo do? it's not like he can choose his life. and that was the reason he was sighing and sighing, packing his stuff. parties, formalities, the thing he was not used to, but he need to.

after done preparing what he needs, he took a quick shower then left his home with a heavy feelings tugging at his chest, as if something is about to go wrong.

he shakes away countless thoughts coming inside his head, and took a cab tothe airport.

eventually he arrives jeju, after one hour long flight. he throw away his mask after getting off, sighing happily as he looks around, looking for what to eat for his lunch.

maybe, this trip can be fun, and healing. who knows?

tiredness crashing upon wonwoo's body as he lied at the hotel's bed. he throw away his glasses, breathing in the cleaner air. his eyes were closed, a smile forming in his face. "it's been a long time."

and it is. the last time wonwoo had this healing trip was probably years ago, right after he graduated from the academy. or to be exact- after he got his heart break. it was clear inside his mind when he had fun time with his former teammates, seungcheol, mingyu and hansol. wonwoo laughed to no one but himself, remembering mingyu's stupid antics back at their trip. now he does kind of missing them.

wonwoo was about to drift into a peaceful sleep, until a buzz from his phone wakes him up. he slowly opened his eyes, rubbing it while fishing the phone out of his jeans pocket.

oh, speak of the devil.

[ we're dumb but mingyu dumber ]

[ wonwon joined ]

sunbaenim : so you're seeing him again? that's fucking great we should havea party !

cheollie : well yeah i don't know if you all gonna be okay though...

chwehansol : excuse me that is YOUR life why you should care our opinion dumbass

cheollie : yeah you're probably right :-)

wonwon : woah what am i missing there's literally two thousands messages

sunbaenim : WONWOO !