이십오

𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 : 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛

____________________

"fuck..." wonwoo tried to calm himself down, ruffling his already messy hair. he sat on the couch inside his hotel room, taking a deep breath but his heart beat never slows down.

in what circumstances can he meet soonyoung again? it's impossible, way too absurd. the last time they met was back when soonyoung was arrested. yeah, arrested. so how can he be here, in jeju island, out of many places? 

wonwoo exhaled his rigged breath, rubbing his chest again, the excruciating pain that he felt now was throbbing, and he doesn't know what to do. but all he know he needs to get out of here. he could be mistaken, it could be someone else, but wonwoo can't stand here anymore. not when he's finally getting better. 

he rushed to his room to pack back his clothes, stuffed the shirt he used earlier inside his suitcase. he fix his shirt, pupils wavering, and wonwoo can feel the lump inside his throat, making it's harder for him to breathe.

fuck, fuck, fuck. was it really him? wonwoo doesn't know. what he knows is he needs to get away from here right now. wonwoo's head throws him back when he was on that queue earlier, back when he saw a figure that were too eerily similar.

with shaky hands wonwoo took out his phone, finding the earliest flights or even ferry to seoul. wonwoo can't be here. he can't breathe when the possibilities of being in one same island with the person he's trying forget is high. then all the things he did for moving on are pointless, though wonwoo knows better he never did, not even once.

he's about to purchase the earliest flight he found, almost click the 'buy' button-

a rang from his phone startles him, almost drop his phone and makes him blinking a few times before he read the dialer.

"it's dad..."

wonwoo huffed his breath, he knew his voice was shaky so he tried his best to control his emotion as he pressed the green button.

"....hello ? dad ?" thank god his voice didn't came out weird or broken. it was silent for a second before the person from another line heard wonwoo.

"oh, son ! i thought you were already asleep."

wonwoo hummed. "was about to." he lied swiftly. "why did you call me at this hour?"

his dad coughed, before he answered. "oh actually..." he trails off.

"actually?"

"wait no nevermind-" his dad sighed. "just reminding you the party next two days. i know you can do well, i believe in you."

oh

the party.

wonwoo can feels his head stirred, his heart beat increased again and the buzzes inside his ears becoming louder and louder. "right..." he winced at how shaky his voice was, realizes it's too late because his father heard it.

"are you nervous?"

nervous? no. i'm dying here. i met the one who ruined your son's life, again. and i don't know what to do, im panicking and was about to leave, not until you remind me.

yeah, i'm really nervous.

"no, i'm just-" wonwoo sighed. "tired."

wonwoo moves his feet, crashed on the bed with loud thump. his mind was hazy, it's all a blur- he can't even listen to what his dad says, everything struck at him in once. wonwoo can feel the corner of his eyes was wet, so he shakes his head, rubbing off the thought. and that's when he finally back to reality.

"you're still there?"

wonwoo hummed, slowly crawling inside his bedsheets. "yeah..."

at the another line mr. jeon laughed, before sighing. "you must be tired. that's selfish of me to call you at this time. good night wonwoo." his dad says, before wonwoo shakes his head, knowing that his father can't even sees those.

"nah, it's okay. good night dad." he said, before ending the call.

and then it's all silence . not even the sound of air conditioning casual buzzes can be heard. it's so silent that wonwoo's ears starts to pitching, but soon gone as he sighed heavily.

he can only stares on the window, curtains at the side- which wonwoo should probably closed it for him to sleep peacefully- but he didn't. he just stares, through the window, down to the city that lights up under the glowing moon, to the ferris wheel earlier he can see from here, from his room.

wonwoo can only sigh and sigh, trying to get rid of this heavy feelings inside his chest, before he slowly slumbers into sleep.