이십이

❝ 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 : 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕 ❞

____________________

tw : mention of suicide

it was already early october, season's changing and only cold winds that greeted mingyu and seungheol who was standing beside each other. 

seungcheol can only sigh, burying himself more inside his coat as he stood in front of the big gate, waiting for it to be open. hansol was not with them, since he has a last minute thing to take care of, and they both understand. since this, whatever they doing should be a secret from wonwoo, and at least hansol was there beside him if anything happens. 

"should've brought my winter coat last week for godsake." mingyu blurted out, who was feeling the same as seungcheol. who knows the wind here in daegu was a lot harsher and colder, plus they were inside a place far from city, away from buzzing streets, away from polluted air. 

"fucking told you..." seungcheol rolled his eyes, though mingyu only laughs against the cold air.

just before they were about to talk again, the gate in front of them were opened, allowed them to enter. seungcheol takes the first step, followed by mingyu behind. a police officer wearing a too bright fluorescent vest greeted them, asking both detectives to follow him.

the wind blew a little stronger now, as mingyu and seungcheol walked inside the building that were too sorrow, too gloomy. the only place where they can find him.

they stepped to the inner part of the building, where police officers that were on watch bowed to them as soon as they entered. now the gloomy mood were unnoticeable; they can hear screams, or laughing, or maybe cries. the faces that were put on the police officers were boring, probably because they were staying here. and it reminds mingyu of how much he hated this place. it stinks.

seungcheol were the first one to break the silence. "so where should we wait for him?" the latter, the one who greeted them earlier holds out his hands, pointing towards the another place that were probably more depressing, as he spoke, "follow me."

the detectives only nodded and follow in silence, until they were brought inside the investigation room, a room that mirrored themselves, three chairs and one table were prepared inside. and mingyu can only holds his inside, about to puke here and then. he just fucking hate these so much.

both officials sat on the two chairs, while one empty chair on their opposites. the older took off his coat, as he deeply sigh. "it's fucking suffocating here." he can only rub his temple, as mingyu chuckles. "exactly."

seeing their so called friend here, soonyoung, in prison were the last thing on their minds. who would have thought the first time they met back at the academy, the bubbly kwon soonyoung was actually a murderer- a son of the leader's biggest group their teams searching for years. there should be an explanation, an answer for all these miserable that happened few days ago. there must be. and wonwoo probably knows it all, but he hardly spoke to any of them, locking up himself inside his own office for days.

mingyu and seungcheol should be mad- feel betrayed from what soonyoung did. they were friends, on the same academy that the detectives dared to called close friends. but they were there too when the first time soonyoung and wonwoo kissed, when they dated. and they were there when soonyoung leaves without a word. they were there. the betrayal must not affected them so much like how it does to wonwoo, physically and mentally- and that's exactly what makes them mad.

not enough with all these torturing feelings, until wonwoo almost killed himself, jumping off from the building not until hansol found him first- but soonyoung had the urge to reappears in front of wonwoo, the same guy he had broke into pieces, shattered his feelings until wonwoo completely changes. cold, and distant.

but somehow, after hearing what wonwoo says before he turn quiet again, back at the mansion, maybe there was something hidden, that their friends don't know. and that's what brought them here, into a suffocating prison in hope of seeing soonyoung.

the door opened, quickly brought mingyu back from his trance. there stood soonyoung, in a green uniform, looking pale. both detectives sit up straight as the police officer brought the man in front of them, sat at the chair while he loosened up one soonyoung's hand from the handcuff. soonyoung didn't fight, nor protest, he just followed, sat quietly while looking down to his lap. he's not looking good either, his eyes were swollen, lips were dry and chapped. and his face is just pale- a totally what a sick person look like.

mingyu were about to beat the silence, before soonyoung cuts him off, "is wonwoo... doing okay?" he said softly, eyes never met with these two. seungcheol bit his lip, looking at mingyu for a second. "really? that's your first question after what you did to him?" seungcheol raised his eyebrow, feeling his anger bubbled up when reminded of wonwoo's state these past few days.

soonyoung gulped, feeling his heart thumped loudly against his rib cage. right, he's a jerk, he's the one at fault here. but still, he wanted to know if wonwoo is okay. seungcheol breathed out, clenching his fist tighter as mingyu sighed. "he's...okay."

there was a waver in his voice, and mingyu didn't even believe what he just said. wonwoo does said he is okay, but his appearances, personality, the way wonwoo talks- it's all way to weird to called okay. but mingyu had to remind himself on why he comes here, why he decided to see this person, who can't even be called a human to begin with, so he keep himself composed, steadying his raging breath.

soonyoung finally looks up, a tiny little gleams inside his eyes as he hears what mingyu says. "really?" 

mingyu just nodded while seungcheol still looks away.

after a moment of deafening silence, mingyu coughed to brushed away to this whatever awkwardness they were in, as seungcheol starts to speak. "we're here for a reason." he said calmly, even though his feelings were pointing to flip this table and give soonyoung a piece of mind. mingyu nodded, before he continues, "why on that day, on a supposed day when we raided your house, why wonwoo insisted on helping you? why did he mentioned junhui, minghao and jihoon?" seungcheol breathed out again after all these questions.

but soonyoung were only calm, looking back down on his lap, sighed heavily.

"you know, that's a long story." soonyoung laughed a little, though his voice feels drained out, as if he's too exhausted. mingyu stays quiet as he stares at soonyoung, who's lips were now quivering, shaking.

soonyoung's on the verge of crying.

seungcheol widen his eyes. this, soonyoung? he never see this. not at academy. not at the warehouse. never. the detectives stays quiet as they saw the tears falling off from soonyoung's cheeks, still looking down at his lap.

"just-" mingyu sighed. "just tell us. we have a long day. "