십팔

❝ 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 : 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 ❞

___________________

if escaping was a choice, would wonwoo do it? put the job and duty aside, would he actually leave it? would he ran away from the love of his life, running from the warmth he just got back after mourning it for so long- the warmth he's missing. would he, the jeon wonwoo, the once who was called cold ice prince before from his teammates, the one who can kill anyone just from his own stares, leaves everything behind, just for one man,

only for kwon soonyoung?

would he?

but his thoughts and decisions was abruptly interrupted when a sudden twist from the doorknob made him jump. and then he saw, stands there, alive, in flesh and blood, his friends. his best friends.

was he hallucinating again? is this just his imagination? no wait it can't be- because once the palm closed his mouth in a flash, wonwoo's mind registered. it is indeed, his friends.

seungcheol quickly acts and ran to closed wonwoo's mouth with his own palm. "don't shout, please."

wonwoo removed the hand softly, looking at the older with wide eyes. "what are you doing here- mingyu? hansol ?!!?" wonwoo panted, too shocked.

"saving you, dumbass." mingyu laughed, closing the door and not forgetting to locked it too. wonwoo just gasped, can't utter a thing. instead, he gives the biggest hug to his friends, to his family.

"y-you guys w-were-"

"no we weren't dead. not yet." hansol chuckled, his voice muffled as his whole face was squished inside wonwoo's arms. they all hug together for a seconds, before seungcheol let go first.

so minghao and jihoon was talking the truth. wonwoo was speechless, all he can do was gasped, eyes wide as his face was grinning so big.

"we all miss you too, but first we need to get out." seungcheol's face turns back to serious, reminding everyone they are inside enemy's hideout. it's not good to stay any longer. the other two detectives also changed their expressions after what seungcheol had said. they all look at wonwoo.

and wonwoo's heart beat drops.

the time has come? really that fast....?

deep down wonwoo felt guilty. so guity. he looked at three of his friends nervously, hands sweating. why was he contemplating anyway? isn't it good to finally get out of here after days of mental abuse. he should be happy. so why isn't he? why, why and why does wonwoo remembered what had soonyoung's father done to soonyoung in front of his eyes. and god why, does he felt the urge to stay?

"i..."

"let's go." seungcheol said firmly. gone his wadm and soft side from earlier, replacing with his another personality- the one that suits his detective side the most. he took out his guns, rested it on his palms before reaching the door knob.

"wait ! no."

seungcheol freezes in his movements, so do others. they turned to wonwoo, who was now washing with guilty all over his face. wonwoo sighed heavily, avoiding eye contacts with his members. "i can't...go." there, he said it. he knew the consequences, but he had to. soonyoung was wronged, and he need to do something. that is, until he'll finally come back home.