Persephone's present

He had broken yet another glass, milk usually soothed him and calmed him down, but with none left in the house it left him to deal with his emotions.

      The glass he had just broke was the last glass of milk. He hadn't been handling anything well, he was a damn hot mess but tried to show he wasnt.

        He did this in the following ways, he kept his hair brushed, bathed daily, and still ate well even though he did not feel like eating. He was honestly trying to be happy but when the love of your life spontaneously decides they no longer love you, it leaves scars... The worst kind had been left on his inner thigh inside of his shorts

        As he cleaned up the mess Persephone walked into the room "daddy, can I go play with Tayla?" She asked, missing her best friend. Equius shook his head no, he just wanted to stay home "not today darling"

         Persephone helped him clean up the rest of the glass then handed him a drawing that she drew. "This is our family" By now she knew about what happened, She wanted to cheer her dad up.

      He took the drawing in his hand and examined it. It had a stick figure of him, and a stick figure of her, then had a beautiful woman with a question mark for a face. "Who is that Persephone?" He asked out of curiousity.

       "That is your true love, she is a princess. And she is beautiful and smart and always there for you, there is a question mark there so that we can erase it and put the face of  her when we find her" As Equius knelt down, she quickly hugged him around the waist.

      "Do you like , do you like it, do you like it?" She giggled excitedly, gripping onto her dad. He nodded, gripping onto his little gurl tightly, tears streaming down his cheeks. "It is beautiful"