Chp16: Anna

AIDEN^^^

In the book Tori handed me, it had old newspaper articles about the killings.

Some people said that it was sorcery and witchcraft, but it was all real.

Aiden is her brother, and he's the one who turned her.

Now it's Aiden's time to explain his part to me.

He came in the room and sat in the chair Tori sat in after she had left.

"Ready to hear my part?"

"Not until he's out of here."
I pointed at Jace. "Then I have questions to ask you."

"Jace. Get out."

He looked up from the ground. "No. I have the right to-"

"Not anymore. Out."

"She's my mate. I think I should hear what she has to say."

"Not if she doesn't want you in here. Now out before something bad happens."

Jace looked at me. "Please let me stay."

"Why? So you can lie to me more?"

"No. I-"

"Don't make me reject you. Get out."

"You can't keep threatening me with that."

"Says who? If I say it, then I'll die and I can live peacefully without you. The only thing keeping me from rejecting you is the truth. You better hope it's good. Now get the fuck out."

He left as soon as I finished and slammed the door on the way out.

"What're your questions? And don't worry. These walls are sound proof from everyone and anything."

"I know he's not my real mate so how is he attached to me?"

"What makes you think he isn't?"

"I'm not crazy for him. My body doesn't want to 'jump on that.' I don't think about how cute he is and what every single detail about him is amazing. How am I attached?"

"Did you have a twin?"

"Ya. She died during her birth."

"That's why. You were the last person she was with, so a part of her is still within you. And I know you didn't kill Aspen. Your a sneaky thing aren't you?"

I smiled. "Ya. Aspen is my mate. A part of me hated putting the illusion on Jace, but the other half didn't give a fuck."

"Anymore questions?"

"What is this tick thing behind my ear?"

"We think it's a part of your sister. It's not digging it's way in, it's pushing it's way out. How you cannot feel it is beyond me, but we discovered, when you were passed out and being brought here, that if it leaves your body, you may die."

"What?"

"We've seen it once before, in a prophecy just like this. )The twin died and part of her is left in you.) Rose, the tick, it's your twin."

"...Anna...."

"There's only one way it can be removed, and you won't like it."

"How?"

"Being marked..."

"That's not bad. Aspen can-"

"By your twins' mate."

I looked at him. "No."

"Either way you die Rose. If he marks you and he's not your real mate, you die. If you reject, you die and he goes blind again."

"Wait. If he's Anna's mate, then it'll only kill me. Anna will-"

"She will take over you body, and you'll will be stuck like she is now, with no control."

"There must be a way I can talk to her though!"

Aiden unlocked my cell and my shackles, and let me out.

"Your letting me go?"

"Craven doesn't want to see you like a prisoner."

----
No spell check.