Chp15: Aiden

"I want the whole truth."

Tori sighed. "It's longer than you think. I will explain my part. Jace will explain his. Craven will explain his, and Aiden will explain his."

"All of you took part in this?" I looked at Jace. "So everything was a lie?"

He looked down.

"Look at me. Look me in the eye and tell me it wasn't."

He didn't do anything.

"...I see." I looked back towards Tori. "Tell me everything from the beginning."

"Back before I was turned, in 1603, there was a legend about vampires and witches and everything supernatural." She got up and left the room, but came back a moment later with a book in her hand. She put it through my cell bars, and it landed in front of me with a thump.

"This is it?"

"Yes."

I opened the book.

"There's nothing here."

"What?"

"There's nothing here."

"Let me see it."

I handed her the book back.

"Oh! I grabbed the wrong one." She gave me a sheepish look and went to go get the right one.

"Here." She gave a another book.

Thicker than the last one.

I opened it.

"My brother always told me never to go out at night. In the papers there was news about a killer who would drain their victims dry by puncturing two holes in their neck. My brother said he witnessed it once. So one night he was coming home from work. My parents and I waited for him to get home so we could eat supper. He never came back.

The next day, in the papers, he was dead, but he had a note attached to him. It said he was coming back.

Not the killer was coming back.

My brother.

That night he came back, but as one of them.

He came home again.

Killed our parents.

Turned me.

She looked at me.

"My brother is Aiden."

*****
No spell check.
This is only 1 part of the truth. The others will be longer.
Vote!