Chapter 10

Chloe's Pov

Next morning

I woke up with Zoey by my side. She was cuddling me. I saw it was already 7 am and Alice will be at home any minute. I have to woke her up because if Alice see's that Zoey was sleeping in my bed. She'll kill me.

"Zoey, wake up" I slightly shake her.

"It's too early, let me sleep" She turned around and fall asleep again.

"Please, you have to leave before Alice arrives!" I panicked.

She finally looked at me and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer "Relax, take a deep breath. I'll leave before she arrives ok?" She kissed my cheek and got up.

She grabbed her belongings "I'll see you at the school, bye" And left. I still don't know what I was doing, was right or wrong. I can't date Zoey after knowing that she's with my sister. Also I can't ignore my feelings for Leah even after what she had done to me. Maybe because she is my first love. She taught me the real meaning of true love. She was the sweetest person when we first started dating. But I guess time changes people.

I heard the front door shut, which meant Alice got home. Thank god, Zoey has already left.

I saw Alice standing there, looking confused, while observing the state of the house. Lots of broken stuff on the floor. Fuck. I totally forgot to remove those broken stuff.

"Hey" I greeted and fixed my posture, she turned around and noticed me.

"What happened here?" She's asked confusedly.

"Uhm-" I didn't know what to say.

"You know what, whatever has happened here. Just clean up this mess I don't want our house looking messy" I heard the footsteps distance away. I'm glad she didn't questioned much.

Later that day, 6 pm

I drove to Zoey's house, I was insanely nervous because I had no idea, what was about to happen, I just hope Zoey agrees to stay friend with me because I can't date her, I can't date my sister's girlfriend.

I am at her door, trying to convince myself, everything will go smooth and Zoey should agreed on staying friends. Who knew what will happen, I didn't but Zoey did.

I ringed the doorbell, Zoey opened the door and smiled.

"Hey love, you're here" She said.

I just smiled nervously and got inside.

"Come, sit down" I sat on the sofa and she sat beside me.

"Zoey? Why are we here?" I asked.

"You can make yourself comfortable then we can talk"

"I'm comfortable, you can tell"

"I wanted to ask you something" She said shyly.

"Of course"

"Promise me that the answer will be yes" Why she was so scared and insecure?

"Zoey, I can't promise but-" She interrupted "Chloe please, promise me you won't say no"

"Ok.." I said unsurely.

"Chloe, will you be my girlfriend?" Zoey said and took my hand.

"What" She just asked what I was scared of.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" She repeated.

"Ugh, I-I..." I couldn't say anything.

"You promised that your answer would be yes"

"Zoe-" "Why?" She cut me off angrily.

"I can't" I told her and looked away, I couldn't face her.

"I know what happened between us, in the past few days wasn't right. I should not have blackmailed you in doing such things. But I can't lose you again, even if you didn't forgive me yet, I really love you"

"Zoey I know you love me but I still have feelings for Leah-"

"I know you loved Leah with all your heart but did Leah loved you as much as you did? Leah used to tell me about the fights with you. The fights were completely stupid and pointless. Most of the time Leah was the one who caused it but she would never admit it. She always got offended and ignored you. So then you had to apologize and do all that shit. She secretly wanted you to do, after that she finally forgave you. I noticed it, I knew she was doing it on purpose, she likes the attention, the gifts, everything. She loves when you had to get her back. But you have never known and I felt sorry for you, cause I knew it was killing you inside, it made you feel like you do everything wrong, like you are not enough. I was jealous of Leah, I wanted to be the person you love and do all those stupid stuffs for but I tried to control my jealousy over my friendship. The longer I tried to ignore my feelings for you, push it away, the more I was falling for you. The moment I enjoyed the most were ones, when Leah and Alice wasn't there, cause you talked about everything and nothing and I loved it. We were free and it was perfect.

After couple of months that I've been in love with you and had to watch you with Leah, I became depressed and desperate. I couldn't take it anymore. When you cheated on Leah, I knew I had to have you. I needed to have you. What I did was an awful, terrible, desperate thing to do and I regret it so much till this day. If I could go back and change it, I would. I hate myself for it, I have never wanted to hurt you, to use you but unfortunately I did. The fact that you hate me is really painful but I will wait and do anything for your forgiveness-"

"I don't hate you" I said, which caused Zoey to stop talking and process what I just said.

"You don't?" Zoey looked at me for the first time, since she started telling her story.

"Trust me, I tried but I couldn't" I answered honestly.

"Look I know, this is a lot to process but I just want you to know that, ugh-"

"What?"

"I fell in love with you, still when you were dating Leah, I didn't stopped loving you. I will keep loving you for the next thousand years"

"I forgive you" I didn't even have to think about it, that confession was the most honest thing I ever heard, Zoey gasped and literally jumped on me, giving me probably the tightest hug ever, "But-"

"But?"

"I can't date you, not right now, you're still with my sister. I don't want you to break up with her just to get with me. I'm sorry, but we can get back being friends again and forget about this ever happened"

"Are you serious? Fuck you Chloe! Fuck you and all that drama in your life" She yelled at me and pushed me. Here we go with the mood swings again.

"Drama?" I stupidly asked.

"You're a fucking mess. Don't you see it?" She pushed me again.

"I am not" I whispered, her words were hurting me more than they should.

"Oh really? So you didn't cheat on Leah? You didn't kissed Stella? One thing I still don't understand, how can you cheat on her but still love her. You must be fucking so many people"

"Fuck you!" I finally argued back.

"I won't because I am not a slut like you are"

"What?" I quietly asked. No one except Leah has ever called me a slut. And hearing it from Zoey hurt a lot.

"You fucking heard me. You are a slut and a piece of shit. Who cheats on their girlfriend" She grabbed me by my collar, "You do, you're still as clueless as you were 6 months before" She finished her speech and forcefully kissed me, I tried to pull away but she held me.

"Don't show me your face ever again Chloe" She said and slapped me. It hurt a lot but her words hurt much more. Then she just turned around and walked away. I was just looking at her totally shocked by what just happened. Suddenly I felt all the rage inside me, begging to be released. And I knew what could help, what could calm me down.