Chapter 9

Chloe's Pov

It was getting dark. I was 5 minutes away from my apartment. I tried to call Alice to know, if she was already home or not. Because I didn't wanted to deal with Zoey alone. But unfortunately she didn't answer my calls.

I took out the key, opened the apartment door. As I got inside, it was silent. Maybe Zoey has left and Alice didn't returned yet. My thoughts got interrupted, as someone pushed me to the wall, my back hit some painting and I heard the glass break. Her hand found it's way to neck and gripped it. I looked at her but she immediately smashed her lips on me. She hungrily kissed my lips.

"I knew, you'll come" She whispered into my ear.

"Z-zoey please don't. If you love Alice you shouldn't cheat on her" I manage to say those words as her grip on my neck got tighter.

"What if I tell you, I never loved her" She chuckle.

"Y-you are kidding right? If you don't love her then why are you dating her?" I was impatiently waiting for her reply. She let go of my neck and starts laughing crazily.

"Because of you babygirl, I love you" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"This can't be the truth! If you loved me, you could have confessed it to me earlier"

At this point she stopped laughing. She grabbed my face pretty roughly "What do you think I didn't try?" She let go of me and continued "You were so blindly in love with Leah that you never noticed my love for you!"

"I was that unknown person who send you flowers everyday and when Alice treated you badly, I was the only one defending you. But when you and Leah became official, I stopped trying because Leah is my best friend and she was happy with you or I thought so! You fucking cheated on her!" She shouted at me.

As every word was coming out of her mouth, I felt like the most blinded person ever 'Blindly in love with Leah'.

"I decided to date Alice so that I can stay in touch with you" She continued "Everytime Leah did something which hurted you, I tried to be there for you. That night.." She stopped for a while, took a deep breath and continued "When she raped you, I felt very bad for you and I wanted to look over you, if you're doing fine but I was also kind of happy that at least you don't love her. I can now have you all for myself" I just stared at her like a fool.

"But you shouldn't have played with Alice's feelings like that.. she really loves you" I stated.

"Why do you care? She treated you like shit, she deserves to get her heart broken at least for once" She just rolled her eyes.

"No one deserves to get their heart broken specially by the person who they love and care the most" I told her, obviously referring to a certain person.

"I can't do anything about it right now, I just did what my heart told me to and see at the end of the day, you're mine" She clearly don't regret a thing.

"Sorry Zoey but I'm not yours. I'm really sorry that I didn't understand your feelings earlier but deep inside of my heart I still love Leah. I can't forgive her for what she did to me but I can't also give someone else the place, I have for her in my heart" I said what I was feeling.

But I guess she didn't liked my answer. Her mood changed, her eyes got darker like she was going to eat me alive. I am scared for what happens next.

"Zoey-" I'm interrupted by stinging feeling in my left cheek.

I feel tears brimming my eyes, oddly I still don't flinch at her when she puts her hands on my cheeks cupping them.

"Chloe you're mine, no matter what happens. I lose you once and I don't want to lose you this time ok? I don't like hurting you" I can see in her eyes that she was also hurt.

She changes emotions in a blink of an eye, it is making me confused as hell though I won't show it.

"Now don't be mad I hit you, just be a good girl for me" She says starting to grip the back of my neck bringing her lips to mine in a rough angry kiss showing me how she felt.

"I love you" She told me venomously against my lips.

I stayed quiet because I didn't wanted to say anything that might make her mad.

"Don't make me do that ever again" She tells me pleadingly with hopefully needy eyes staring into mine.

I nod.