The line was surprisingly long, and I found myself envying guys- there was seriously never a line for guys' bathrooms. I mean, what did they do in there- walk in, say hello, and walk back out?

Once I washed my hands and left the building, I immediately spotted Ashton and Connor on a bench. I stood in my place and watched them, my heart warming at the sight.

Connor was giggling up a storm on Ashton's lap while Ashton was smiling and talking to him, chuckling at Connor's over-the-top reactions to whatever he was saying. He looked sooo cute sitting there.

And the kid was pretty cute, too, I guess.

When I approached them, they both looked up at me with the same child-like excitement in their eyes. I smiled at them and casually ruffled both of their hair. Connor giggled at this and Ashton did his signature annoyed-face-scrunch.

"Ice cream?" I suggested and Ashton's expression immediately lit back up again. I turned around and began walking towards the ice cream stand that I saw in the distance.

"You know me so well," I heard him say and get up, stepping up beside me. "Oh shit I almost forgot the kid," he quickly spun around and I let out an incredulous chuckle.

I turned around and watched as he picked Connor up in his arms and swooped him over his shoulder, causing him to scream out in laughter.

"You're not getting away that easily," he told him once they were back next to me. Ashton handled him so comfortably, being able to practically throw him around whereas I was nervous I'd break the thing if I held it's hand the wrong way.

We each got mint chocolate ice cream, and got a small vanilla soft serve for Connor. I had to stop Ashton from getting him a large mocha with sprinkles and fudge.

"Seriously, how did Jake survive this long?" I joked once we sat down at a picnic table.

"Hey, I'm sure that my sister is feeding him far shittier food right now than I did, and besides- if I'm gonna make Jake into a badass then I gotta toughen him up," he defended, eating a spoon full of his ice cream.

"Ah, yes, because eating an unhealthy amount of ice cream is so tough," I replied.

"One day when Jake is a young badass, and you're a wrinkly old lady, we'll see who's laughing then," he commented.

"And you'll be a bald old man," I chuckled, and he looked offended.

"Bald?? I don't think so- this hair isn't going anywhere," he countered with a mouth full of ice cream.

"It better not, that would be really awkward if I tried to ruffle your bald ass head instead of your hair," I commented and he scrunched his face in disgust at the thought.

"You two are weirddd," Connor giggled. Ashton and I looked back up at each other and broke into laughter. You know it's bad when a three year old calls you weird.

"Watch it, little dude," Ashton playfully warned, poking at Connor's stomach and making him giggle again.

"Are you my daddy?" Connor asked him innocently. Ashton and I looked at each other again with wide eyes. He looked too taken aback to respond.