13 ❀ It's hard to stay gentle

Start from the beginning

Grace waited for him at his last period; as always, he came out first, eager to leave wherever he needed to go after school, but she stopped him.

Worried, Grace asked him if their friendship was okay; after winter break, he stopped coming over and answering her calls.

Finn began to hang out with another girl, but it wasn't Sadie. She was different, utterly different from Finn. When Grace first met her, Y/n had the senior student body president in a chokehold when she went to the bathroom during her 4th period.

"Say that again, Bitch. I dare you." Y/n warned, squeezing her closer while the blonde girl struggled to call for help.

"Hey, you! Don't you go snitching, or you'll be next." Grace put her hands up quickly, just wanting to pee and leave.

What was Finn doing with someone like that?

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"I wanted to give you a wedding gift," Grace started.  "It's just for you, though."

Finn nodded, holding his hand out— his eyes were cold. "I tried to give you this before you left, but you stopped answering my calls."

She confessed, her voice laced with sarcasm. "Are you going to give me the gift or not?"

She scoffed, shoving the small box in her pocket. "What happened in America for you to return and be such an asshole?"

Finn began to laugh; he couldn't help but laugh at her. "I'm sorry?" He chuckled.

"You're rude. I understand Y/n, but to me? What did I do?" Crossing her arms, Grace felt her face heat up.

"Remember when you refused to answer my calls?" Finn calmly questioned, raising his eyebrow. "Aren't I allowed to be mad?"

Grace pressed her lips together. As upset as she was, Grace knew he was right.

"You must've not wanted to get ahold of me if you didn't answer me." Why didn't she accept that she was wrong? She knew she was. But admitting it was difficult for her.

"You still do that thing with your face when you feel guilty." He commented, grinning. "I do not." She muttered back.

"I missed you and your stupid self." Grace sighed, resting her hand on her face.

"You're the only person I looked forward to seeing," Finn admitted. Even with his coldness, Grace always got to him without trying.

"Enough with your little attitude," Her finger pointed around him.

"We gotta talk about how you got Sadie around your little finger." Grace laughed, putting her arm around Finn's neck.

"Now that I'm taller than you, I can easily just-" Finn moved her arm from him, plopping down to her side.

"Can I have my gift?" He questioned, looking at her pocket. "I think I will keep it for just a little longer." Grace crossed her arms, walking away.

Millie hummed, "If someone can get through Finn's thick head, it's Grace." Y/n turned around, seeing Grace and Finn talk; this time, Finn didn't look rude, though he still looked severe; it was different from when she was talking to him.