Chapter 15

Rayne wakes up on September 13 with a groan, it's her nineteenth birthday. But a smile forms on her face when she remembers eyes at Rosalie's. They've been together for a couple months now. Rayne still lives at home but she stays with Rose a lot.

"Happy birthday, my love," Rosalie coos.

"Thanks, my Rose," Rayne replies and she kisses Rosalie. "Nineteen today."

"I wish we could stay in bed all day," Rosalie smiles. "But you're going to La Push, right?"

"The pack wanted me for the day," Rayne says softly. "I'm yours for the party Alice is throwing for me and Bella tonight."

Bella is eighteen today, Rayne is exactly one year older than Bella.

Rosalie nods and she gets up. "Fine." Rosalie walks out of the room.

Rayne dresses in some denim jeans and a white tank top with black fishnet over it, and some black flats with her leather jacket Jared got her after her prom. She goes downstairs and Rose is gone.

"She hates that I have friends on the Rez," Rayne frowns at Jasper.

"I'll talk to her when I get home," Jasper promises. "Happy birthday, Rayne. You're the same age I was when I turned."

"You need to tell me your story one day," Rayne states. "I have to go. Emily is expecting me since the guys are with a new phaser."

Jasper kisses Rayne's cheek in a brother fashion and he leaves out with Alice. Rayne smiles before she grabs a granola bar; Esme has began keeping the kitchen stocked for both Bella and Rayne. She's pleaded Edward and Rosalie have love, they are practically alive again. Rosalie mentioned you Esme about Rayne eventually wanting a family.

Rayne droves her car to La Push while eating. Paul is sitting on the porch steps, waiting for Rayne's arrival. Before the car is even in park, Paul has the door open. Rayne sighs and puts her car in park before allowing her wolf friend to pull her out of the car.

"Happy birthday!" Paul exclaims as he wraps an arm around his friend.

"Thank you, Paul," Rayne says. "Rosalie despises us being friends so much I didn't even get a kiss before she left for a hunt."

"She sucks then," Paul says. "You're kissable and don't tell Rachel I said that."

Rayne rolls her eyes. Paul is dating his imprint, Rachel Black.

"Who is the new phase?" Rayne asks.

"Embry Call," Paul replies, "Sam and Jared  are with him. I wanted to be here to greet you."

"Of course you did," Rayne scoffs. "Go with them. I've got Emily for company... I might drive to Seattle after I get done here, see my mom and biological father's grave."

Paul kisses Rayne's forehead before he phases.

"Emily!" Rayne calls as she enters the house, she smells chocolate.

"Kitchen!" Emily calls back.

Rayne walks into the kitchen and finds Emily putting icing on a cake. "Hey, pretty lady."