Chapter 4

(A few months later. Skip to the new semester when a certain Swan appears.)

Rayne and Rosalie have grown closer over the past few months. They haven't kissed or anything but they've spent a lot of time together. Rather it be at the Spears home or the Cullen home.

Rayne has become good friends with  Emmett and Jasper. Alana and Alice are like sisters. Edward keeps his distance, which Rayne honestly grew used to.

Rayne's hair got brighter and darker, but it'd still a copper color.

The first semester of school blew by quickly. Rayne even began sitting with the Cullens at lunch. She adores the entire family. Her parents are glad that Rayne's doing food. Quinton is next in line for chief of police if Charlie ever steps down.

The adoption went smoothly and was completed a month after Rayne gave Quinton the adoption papers for his birthday. Rayne is excited to officially be Quinton's daughter, even if she already did think of the man as a father.

It's the middle of the second semester now, around March? Rayne is riding with Rosalie because her car is broke down, Amelia is bringing it to a shop today since she finally has a day off from the hospital.

There have been whispers going around school about a new girl and Alice told the family. Rayne is still in the dark about vampires but she does have her suspicions. The only one who knows that is the kind reading Cullen.
_________

Rosalie is hazing at Rayne as a rusty red pick up pulls onto the lot and parks beside a black van. Rosalie has fern thinking a lot over the past week about finally asking Rayne out on a date.

Rayne is watching as the new girl walks across the lot in curiosity and she remembers that Quinton mentioned Charlie's daughter moving to town.

"That's the cheif's daughter," Rayne admits. "My dad mentioned it."

Edward growls, literally.

"You guys growl a lot," Rayne points out. "Are you part dog?"

Emmett snorts as Edward glares at the human. Rosalie stands in front of her and Edward looks Rosalie in the eyes. He growls once more before stalking off.

"He needs anger management classes," Rayne points out as she looks around the rainy lot. "Let's get to class, my Rose."

Rosalie smiles, she'd be blushing if she were a human. Rayne grabs her cold hand and she blushes herself before leading Rosalie into the school.
____________

Lunch is interesting. Edward kept staring at Bella Swan, the new girl. Staring, glaring, Rayne could swear he is reading her mind. She tilts her to the side as she watches the guy's off behavior. She grabs her notebook and opens it to the page labeled:

Weird things the Cullens do.

This is the first time she has written in it around them and Jasper sees, Rayne is sitting directly beside him instead of Rosalie today. She has these things so far...

Super cold even on warm days.
Don't eat or sleep.
In a stressful event if Jasper is around, everything becomes suddenly calm.
Growling.
Golden eyes.
Disappear into the night.
Edward reads minds?