"My younger brother, Elijah, is a huge fan of Connor," Added Xavier, wanting to change the subject. He knew that the media painted his image as a cold and ruthless business man. He never gave it much thought since he believed that if people were scared of him, they would stay away.

"Well, Connor's coming back home soon so maybe I can arrange a meeting," suggested Aurora.

"He'd really like that."

At that moment, the waiter came back with their orders. Dinner was filled with light conversation as the two learned more about one another. Aurora was enjoying herself, especially the food. Xavier's suggestion had been exactly what she was craving. He even caught her doing a small dance in her seat as she enjoyed the spaghetti, causing him to smile.

Like they said, the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach with good food.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

"You know I could've paid," muttered Xavier as he gave her an unamused look.

Aurora let out a loud laugh at his crestfallen expression. It was almost 8 when they finished dinner and Xavier suggested to walk down to the pier. Aurora immediately agreed since she was enjoying Xavier's company and wanted to spend more time getting to know him. She was also stuffed and wanted to go on a little walk.

But of course, there was always room for dessert.

Now the two walked side by side down the pier, holding ice cream cones in their hands. Aurora had opted for a cookies and cream ice cream cone while Xavier chose chocolate.

"Yes, but you paid for dinner Xavier," grinned Aurora, causing Xavier to grumble something under his breath about how he paid because he was the one who invited her to dinner.

They continued to walk down the pier, as a comfortable silence fell between them. The only sounds heard were the waves and the soft click-clacking Aurora's heels made against the pier's floor boards. Couples and families walked besides them chattering amongst themselves.

Spotting a bench, Aurora steered Xavier towards it and took a seat. Xavier sat next to her as they looked out into the ocean, silently finishing their cones.

He was the first to break the silence. "What are you thinking so hard about?"

Xavier turned to look at the girl besides him who seemed to be lost in her thoughts. The light from the shops that lined the pier shined on her figure, making her look like an angel.

"Just remembering the last time I came here," replied Aurora, brushing her skirt in case she dropped any crumbs.

"On a date?" Asked Xavier, his figure unknowingly tensing up at the thought of her coming there with a guy. Although he wouldn't be surprised since Santa Monica Pier was known to be a popular place for couples to go on dates.

Aurora shook her head.

"The only time I came here was in college with my best friend," started Aurora, reminiscing that time. "We were both stressed from finals and came here for a quick breather."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry," apologized Xavier, thinking that this was a sore topic for her.

Aurora let out small chuckle, shaking her head. "No need to be sorry Xavier. It was a nice memory. We just sat here and talked about our futures."

"What year were you guys in?"

"I think we were in our last year," answered Aurora, brushing her hair from her face. The wind was starting to pick up. "It was kind of terrifying thinking about what would happen with our futures after college. It was here where we promised to try to remain best friends even after we go off on our separate ways."

"You two still friends?"

"Of course. She's still my best friend," Aurora's face broke out into a smile as she turned to look at Xavier. He had a soft gaze on his face as he stared right back at her. Slightly embarrassed for getting caught staring, he turned to look at the dark ocean.

"The future is always filled with unknowns," began Xavier. "But, I think I already knew that this would be the path I would walk on. My whole life was me preparing to take over the company for my dad. "

"Are you not happy that this was your path?"

"Of course I'm happy," sighed Xavier. And he was happy despite the small feeling of loneliness tugging on his heart."I just wish I could've done more things for myself."

"So why don't you start doing things for yourself?" Asked Aurora, gazing at the man next to her.

"It's not that easy," muttered Xavier.

"Close your eyes and make a wish," Aurora suddenly ordered, causing Xavier's eyes to widen with surprise. He raised his eyebrow, silently questioning her. "When we came here during our last year, we made wishes for our futures."

"Did they come true?" Asked Xavier.

Aurora nodded with a determined look on her face. "Now, close your eyes."

With her eyes on him, Xavier closed his eyes. 

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎