二十四

"You're different maaaan.Different from all the Pillars i've killed up to now. You were a special guy from the moment you were born-you got chosen talent. The envy man, i just wanna put an end to you now."

Tengen scoffs, "Talent? Ha."
  "Do i look like i have some kind of talent? If that's how you see someone like me,you must have had a wonderful life."

Satsuki narrowed her eyes to the corner to stare at his profile whilst he continue talking,

"You've lived hundreds of years,yet you shut yourself up in this place.I'm not surprised you don't know how the world works."

That shut both the demons' mouth up.

"This country's huge; there are swarming of amazing guys-and there are some really strange guys out there who became Pillars just two months after picking up a blade."

The images of a certain Stone and Mist Pillar's faces flash across for a moment,

"I got chosen? don't mess with me. How many lives do you think have slipped through my fingers?"

Tengen spare a short glance over to the brunette girl right beside him who is already staring with what filled with concern and questions.She became a strong successor because she was trained very well under the mighty former Flame Pillar.

Yup,i can never be like Rengoku

Amongst the bickering Satsuki thought suddenly,that there are still people out living with unexplainable memories and pasts that made them who they are today.Them,fighting for the justice and freedom of the human race may be pointless but the fact that they are trying so hard,is what makes the world more beautiful.

Ah, so it that how it is?

Is that how you see the world,Kyōjuro?

"Hee..hee heee.. would you look at that? the poison's working,slow and steady. That 'whole not working' was a bluff,wasn't it laaaame?"

Satsuki gasped, "Uzui,there's a poison in your body?"

When,and how!?

"No,it's not working at all,how about i dance for y'all?"

Now that she notices,his face has gone pale and his body staggers from side to side at times. How could she not realised it sooner? how can she be this slow?

"I'm in tip-top shape,and i can eat a hundred tempura bowls flamboyantly!!"

They charges forward, Tengen automatically goes for Gyuutarou while Satsuki aims her direct hit to the female demon unhesitatingly,slash,swing and thrust her blade without knowing what is tired and pain because if she can't protect nor help another Pillar now,she might as well fail as a demon slayer.

Tengen threw another marbles of bombs just in time for Daki's sashes to cut them all in a half which results another solid,loud explosions,burning their sights and skins.

Those are no ordinary powder inside the bombs

She took the chance to lay attacks on the vulnerable Daki with the help of the powder that could hurt demons' bodies.It is a huge support in this close combat fighting.
  Tengen's sword extended,the blade right on the brink of Gyuutarou's skin read to slice his head off. He turns out to be holding the tip of his other blade with great grip strength.

But of course,Gyuutarou managed to retaliate the hit away.

"Onii-chan-!"

"Hey! focus on me when i'm the one you're fighting!"