十六

The time for the dawn to break is just ticking away and the Upper Moon Three knew he had to get away as soon as possible even if that means abandoning his specified mission Muzan has ordered him to. Luck clearly wasn't on his side when the boy with hanafuda earrings is here along with the last Harukigahara that he needed to bring forth and present it to him.

But if he stays and fight just to accomplish one of the two it will be his death.

With his speed, he dash and made a quick run into the woods,taking the concealed paths from the sun rising.

Tanjirou wouldn't let it happen. He raise his sword and aim it straight as it flew across and manage to pierce through right into his chest.

"DON'T RUN AWAY,YOU COWARD!!" he bellowed,stopping just right on the brink of the entrance to the wood

"The demon hunters will always fight you in the darkness of the night when it's advantageous for you! We're humans in flesh and blood!! wounds don't simply close up!! and the limbs we lose won't ever come back!!"
"Don't run! You damn dolt!Damn dolt!! You coward!!" The rage is beyond his head with Inosuke who can only watch with trembles,on the verge to cry.

"Compared to the likes of you..Rengoku-san will always be more amazing! he's strong!! he's not gonna lose! he never let anyone die!"
"He fought to the end! He protected to the end! You're the loser...! And Rengoku-san..is the winner!" He ended with a scream of pain. Not because of his injuries,but because of the pain of regret inside of him,blaming him he couldn't do more.

The Kamado breaks into a bewailing of tears,dropping to his knees.
And then, he felt a gust of wind ran right past him by,catches a whiff on the familiar scent and when he looks up, the familiar brunette was out of sight within in a second.

When the demon is still scurrying away to run from the scene after Tanjirou's obnoxious shouting, he came to a sudden halt when right in front of him a figure lunge an all-out attack,a second late if he didn't raise both his arms to block her blade she would have his head rolls across the ground.

He panted, putting some distance with the girl who was before,senses no murder intent from her now is only filled with rage and the hatred for him,

"You.."

Satsuki glower at the demon before her, Akaza, the Upper Moon Three she once felt pity towards him because of the past but now that one of the people she cares most is dying by his hands,could no longer feel the same way.

"I thought you could be the least insane one.." she began, tone dripping with venoms

"I won't let you get away without having your head first."

What's this? wasn't she blind the last time he saw her? Now,only her vibrant and striking golden pair of eyes seems to shine in the dark,

"I told you of my reasons," Akaza reply, "I fight only the strong ones and i admit, that Pillar was beyond my expectations."

Her grip around her blade tightens, "What a fool i am to let you go that time." With that closing, Satsuki lunge forward, slashing her blade that almost got him off guard but he still manages to block the attacks. He leapt over her head and by the time she spun around, it was only his back slowly disappearing into the dark wood.

————

Satsuki trotted back to where she left the scene and by the time she arrived back there, the sun is rising above the horizon. She watch Tanjirou kneeling right before the Flame Pillar who does the same, having no strength left and they looked like Rengoku had just done talking to him.