三十七

"Gyomei-san!" i exclaimed upon his arrival,already taking stances in order to take the Upper Moon One down.

"Shinazugawa,stitch up your stomach wound right now.I will take him on while you do that."

Out of his character,Sanemi nods, "Right,sorry about that."

It was my cue to crouch beside the Wind Pillar,studying the deep cut that ran across his chest down to his torso

"Hold still." Was all i murmur while placing my palm on them,earning groan of pain from the man himself but he made no move to shove me away.
Though glad i was able to revive their wounds,i knew how limited my healing power can be as i feel my consciousness slightly slipping away; almost.

I shook my head,focusing all my energy on my palms whereas cold sweats starts to form around my temple. If i don't heal one another fast, it will only be our downfall. I glances back at the fighting scene ahead of us, Himejima is in an intense battle with the demon,swinging his spiked fail who Kokushibo quite had a hard time retaliating them

"That bastard can use a breath." Sanemi follows my gaze hues to the six-eyed demon,

"He is a breath user after all." i uttered and i swear his head snaps back at me,bewildered; "What?"

Instead of answering him i warn him, "I was unable to close the wound entirely but it's way better than before; tryna' avoid his attack again."

"You think i deliberately let him wound me?" snarl Sanemi,grabbing a hold of his blade again. I followed his movement.From the corner of my eyes i can see Muichiro approaching Genya fast but i had no time to dawdle around as when Sanemi vanishes beside me, i catch up on him.Lunging directly to the demon with relentless cry of battle in hoping we can corner him up soon.

I too,noticed the mark has crawled along his both arms just the same as when Giyuu pointed them out on my neck. Was it a sign of an awakening?

Shoot!

I barely dodge a hair away from his sword that about to slash me across my shoulder but then was delievered a round punch on my stomach,slamming me down once more with his tight grip around my neck,forcing the air out from my lungs to a stop

"You fucker!" My eyes narrowed to Sanemi and Himejima who charge at the same time to help me but with just a single swing of Kokushibo's blade,he succeed in avoiding them.

"I see,you're marked too." he said as he studies me

"How unfortunate."

I frown, clawing at his arm, "What ..the hell do you mean..?"

"I will lament for your loss.Every single marked person dies before reaching the age of twenty-five."

I simply glare at him in return,steadying my breath that got choked in my throat

"Even if your mark appears and you increase your power-in the end, you're only living on borrowed time.Your body and technique which you have devoted yourself to for all these times,will vanish from this world.Don't you think that's regrettable?"

"No." Himejima interrupted, continues to swing his long chain of spiked flail nonstop

"Everyone who has been marked knows this story already."

Kokushibo's six eyes shifted towards him and i feel the hand around my neck loosening a bit,

"So..you knew."

"Even if the mark never appeared,as long as i am part of the Demon Hunter,there's no guarantee that i'll live to see tomorrow."

Being a Demon Hunter means risking your life every day-you sleep with worrying whether you will die tomorrow, you eat worrying if the old lady in front of you will die if you left the village, you walk during night alone whether you will die being eaten or from your wound.